Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Is Babcock in danger of losing his job if they miss the playoffs?
If that is the case, Babcock, Ruff and potentially Laviolette who apparently is in trouble in Philly will be available. MacT would be stupid to keep Krueger with coaching behemoths like those being potentially available.
Lets hope that the team continues to look listless, goes into the offseason having lost 12 of 13 and forces MacT's hand to make coaching changes. Probably wishful thinking but it's our only hope.

I think it was Gregor talking about it and saying that he may resign this year and would look good here.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Some of the more frustrating points in tonight's game:

-Potter failing to keep the puck in the zone and making bad pinches on many occasions
-Bad line matching at times
-Rolling all four lines with less than ten minutes left in a game in which we are losing by 2
-That sequence where Gagner, Hall and Schultz passed back and forth to each other for 30 seconds on the power play

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Didn't bother to watch as I'm on vacation enjoying myself. From the reaction, kinda glad I didn't. Enjoy the rest of the season boys and girls. I think I've checked out

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think it was Gregor talking about it and saying that he may resign this year and would look good here.

He would look good anywhere. That would be a dream come true if he came here. I can't imagine that we would ever be that lucky though.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
With 45 points in 41 games, Taylor Hall will finish the season with at least one point per game. The last Oilers player to lead the team in scoring and average a point or more per game was Doug Weight with 90 points in 82 games during the 2000-01 season

I guess that's one bright spot.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
If the Oilers are going to choose to play a soft brand of hockey, it might be beneficial to try and bring in Babcock if he is fired/released or if he resigns in Detroit. Why? Because his roster has never been deemed as punishing and he gets results. Plus he's a good ol' Sasky boy... Probably wouldn't mind coming up to Edmonton to coach.

I really hope MacT decides to put his own stamp on this team. Wash off all of the stench that remains from Tambellini.

Or hire Ruff, and get some guys that can play "lunch bucket, blue collared" hockey along with our skill guys

Krueger has a job for life in Europe if he wishes to take it. He may after this season.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I can't even give a damn if people trash us on the main boards now, I just don't care. I don't ****ing care anymore. Being a fan of this team is awful.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Biggest peeve for me all night: god damn you Horcoff on the first goal. Smid ****ing told you before the face off to cover Fowler and you just stand there.

FFS, and I had to be just there to watch it in person ugh

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
If the Oilers are going to choose to play a soft brand of hockey, it might be beneficial to try and bring in Babcock if he is fired/released or if he resigns in Detroit. Why? Because his roster has never been deemed as punishing and he gets results. Plus he's a good ol' Sasky boy... Probably wouldn't mind coming up to Edmonton to coach.

I really hope MacT decides to put his own stamp on this team. Wash off all of the stench that remains from Tambellini.

Or hire Ruff, and get some guys that can play "lunch bucket, blue collared" hockey along with our skill guys

Krueger has a job for life in Europe if he wishes to take it. He may after this season.

I'm always in favor of going with the Sask connection (Babcock) or Alta connection (Ruff). Either would be a great choice, but I just got this bad feeling there won't be a change.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
The Oilers have hit bottom, now they have started to dig.

I am starting to think that Ralph has to go. His inability to make up and match lines is astounding. You have three players that pass the puck around like mad on the power play...why not put a shooter in the mix like Nail? Seems logical to me.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I liken this franchise to the Cleveland Browns.

A franchise with tradition in a great sports city with great fans that is hopelessly and chronically just dreadful, despite years of high draft picks.

Ladies and Gentlemen...your Edmonton Oilers! :help:

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Biggest peeve for me all night: god damn you Horcoff on the first goal. Smid ****ing told you before the face off to cover Fowler and you just stand there.

FFS, and I had to be just there to watch it in person ugh

Could you perhaps give a play by play?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I would be so excited if we could get Babcock

Right now, everything sucks so much that it's hard to tell what the problem(s) is/are. If we could get a proven coach like Babcock, who has had tons of success with rosters that haven't been known for being punishing, then we should be able to either have success or isolate the issues.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
Can't believe I got my playoff hopes up 2 weeks ago and been watching this ****. So frustrating watching players play with no emotion and heart. I need to check out some Oil Kings games.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I would be so excited if we could get Babcock

Right now, everything sucks so much that it's hard to tell what the problem(s) is/are. If we could get a proven coach like Babcock, who has had tons of success with rosters that haven't been known for being punishing, then we should be able to either have success or isolate the issues.

Renney is a quality NHL caliber coach and he got about the same out of a slightly more experienced but less talented group.

Babcock has Holland's group giving him rosters. Given the keys to the oiler's assets, Holland would have Krueger nominated for the Jack Adams and sweeping the nation on a book tour, all while negotiated Palestinian peace with George Clooney.

I think it's become pretty clear that the guys running the show are ****ing idiots ;)

Sloth Slothersons*

They won't fire Kreuger until we do this all over again next year.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Can you see this team improving with Krueger as coach? What about with Lowe overseeing all hockey operations?

Cutting one piece of the crap won't make a difference.

Certainly not Krueger. To be honest, if we have a quality coach and GM, I don't care if KLowe is at the top. But obviously you want him gone, so this conversation won't go anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->