Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Worst. Organization. Ever. In the history of the NHL. EVER

No hyperbole or exaggeration.

I agree and the reason why, the lack of effort and who gives a **** attitude from almost everyone associated with this organization. That includes the paid off members of the media who still blow bubbles up the butt of a team that should be considered one of the worst pro sports teams in North America.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
After the last 3 years, I didn't think we could get any lower as a fanbase. But this is the worst stretch of oilers hockey i've ever seen.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I even didnt watch this game tonight and i still feel disappointed.

like, Calgary is ahead of us in the standings.....whats going on? what did we ever do to deserve this?

in 2006, i never felt more proud to be an oilers fan.....now, im completely ashamed to associate myself with this team. I can't even remember the feeling of winning and being the playoffs....this is the worst stretch i've ever had to endure as a oilers fan.

Don't even know when it will end.....but i hope its soon. Just so little passion left in me, but i want see this team win so badly.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
inflatable-tanks.jpg

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
This team is awful. I would officially say that the Flames rebuild is ahead of the Oilers. I would take two forwards from this team and put the rest in the AHL.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Tank...get a great prospect...hype up the fans in the offseason...rush the prospect by giving them overwhelming responsibilities...start out strong to begin the year...wheels come off in the last part of the season...prospect has season ending shoulder surgery...rinse and repeat

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I ate a pizza tonight and then ran on my treadmill and then played Pokemon on my DS all with the game on in the background and I enjoyed myself

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I'll be honest... This has to be rock-bottom for this franchise. We have an owner who is probably contemplating pulling another quick one on the city of Edmonton when it comes to the arena, we have a VP of Hockey Ops who is so out of touch with the fans and the game that it isn't even funny, we have a GM that is untested, and we have a coach who likes to blow sunshine up everyone's ***** day in and day out.

We do have players who care, but they're being dragged down by vets who are mailing it in for a pay cheque. We have too many holes to fill for a single offseason. Mr. Dithers didn't address any of them.

This franchise is pathetic.

Those who are in charge of running this franchise should be ashamed.

This is rock bottom... until the next game, at least.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Meh I didn't even watch the game hence I'm not even mad
Nice to see hall continue to score

Draft party here we come

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Worst. Organization. Ever. In the history of the NHL. EVER

No hyperbole or exaggeration.

True but did you need tonight's loss to confirm that?
I'm surprised that some of you are still upset, i gave up on this season a while ago. I'm numb to the whole thing.
I'm just hoping for a better draft pick and wholesale changes this offseason at this point.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Man, Cogliano turned it around.. great player..

So Avs and Flames win and we lose. Good for the draft position I guess.

He sure did. Hey let's trade hanger too and watch him thrive somewhere else.

Is it because we're impatient and trade them too soon or is it that players just can't come into their own here?

Seems we're damned either way

OntOilFan

Aug 9, 2006
I liken this franchise to the Cleveland Browns.

A franchise with tradition in a great sports city with great fans that is hopelessly and chronically just dreadful, despite years of high draft picks.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
He sure did. Hey let's trade hanger too and watch him thrive somewhere else.

Is it because we're impatient and trade them too soon or is it that players just can't come into their own here?

Seems we're damned either way

I think it more has to do with Ducks accepting who he is as a player and not making him out to be a top six scorer like we were tryin after his 20 game hot streak with gags and nilss

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

A franchise with tradition in a great sports city with great fans that is hopelessly and chronically just dreadful, despite years of high draft picks.

The Detroit Lions fit that description as well. As a fan since '88 and only having witnessed 1 playoff win and 1 division title in those 25 years, i would know what it's like to cheer for a dreadful organization.
They also have tradition and a large, loyal fanbase in a great sports city.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton

Before this season I likened them to the Kansas City Royals... but the Royals seem to be turning a corner right now. Both franchises were dynamite in the 80's and had players who were the envy of the rest of the sport... then the bottom fell out... on multiple levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad