Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Really? Because it's annoying when people hate on something you are passionate about. It's really cool to be aloof, but there is nothing wrong with being annoyed by piss poor behaviour.
What really gets me is that they think we're proud of the losing, proud of the 1st overall picks, and they hate us for it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This game wasn't Dubnyk's fault at all, but watching him play you can tell he has a long way to go be a reliable #1. He's not steady, loses concentration all the time, and never makes the save look easy.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I say we select Hall with our first overall...Seguin just doesn't have that killer instinct IMHO

The good news is we'll be out of this in about 3 years or so.

Ryan Murray is supposed to be a stud too.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I say we select Hall with our first overall...Seguin just doesn't have that killer instinct IMHO

I've actually thought a lot about the Taylor vs. Tyler debate lately. Easily the most heated, contentious debate I've ever seen on here. And almost all of that stemmed because of something we all agreed upon at the time, that we weren't going to be in that spot again for a long time so we had to make the right choice. Little did we know...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've actually thought a lot about the Taylor vs. Tyler debate lately. Easily the most heated, contentious debate I've ever seen on here. And almost all of that stemmed because of something we all agreed upon at the time, that we weren't going to be in that spot again for a long time so we had to make the right choice. Little did we know...

Silver lining: If we had drafted Seguin, we probably would have drafted Murray next, and this team would be in an even worse position (hard to imagine I know) than it is now.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
The good news is we'll be out of this in about 3 years or so.

Ryan Murray is supposed to be a stud too.

It's pretty crazy to imagine how good this team will be in a couple of years...that talent.

32183-Lakers-bro-deal-with-it-gif-phtM.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's pretty crazy to imagine how good this team will be in a couple of years...that talent.

They should have fired MacT a long time ago. Quinn and Renney are the best things to happen to this team in quite some time.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

Has anyone seen our centre depth?

Horcoff
Gagner
Cogliano

Envy of the league next year... with Nilsson, a healthy Hemsky, Eberle, Hall, wow!
Good thing we shored up our back end with Vandermeer too! And Khabi has to have a bounce back year.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
It is time to invoke Costanza's opposite day and apply it to the next 10 year. Oilers are the complete opposite of where they want to be. It is time to eat some chicken salad on rye, untoasted, with a side of potato salad and a cup of tea.

We are the George Costanza of sports.

Angry Boys

Jun 23, 2009
Since the summer of 2006 this is unquestionably the worst franchise in the sport. And despite that solid (and magical) 2005/2006 season the Oilers have the worst regular season record amongst the 30 clubs. That's just an awful distinction.

This is so very true.

The most telling thing about this is that the years since 2005 have seen a Salary cap, meaning that the role of the managment team and the GM have become even more crucial.
The ability to assess , recruit and develop talent to a budget has become paramount in the Cap world. Sadly, we have to date been massive failures. It hurts to say this

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The general forum still thinks that we're tanking on purpose. Cool.

I will give them this though: It is a shame that all of these high picks are being selected by the Oilers while the team is making zero progress. Hopefully that changes under Mac.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It got burnt in the oven and thrown out unfortunately. Wouldn't want to mix the good cookies with the gross burnt ones now would you?

Hey Pittsburgh sucked for 5 straight years picking 5-1-2-1-2

We still have a shot!

I'm surprised the Hemsky one didn't break into a thousand pieces.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Watched some highlights on the score just now. The play from Colorado, Tampa and Carolina jumped out at me. Those are teams around where we are, eliminated from the playoffs, playing meaningless games. The difference is those teams got into scraps, fights and seemingly played with passion, unlike the Oilers who looked like they didn't want to be there at all. This team has no heart at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad