Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1, sky is falling, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Eh, I love Yakupov, but Eberle is definitely our best finisher. Yakupov has a better shot, but you can't call him a better finisher until he starts scoring at a high rate.

Let me know who's Eberle linemates are and his PP minutes.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Let me know who's Eberle linemates are and his PP minutes.

I wish posters would take into account poster history more here. Trust me. I'm aware. I have been defending Yakupov since making my account here.

He has the potential to be our best finisher by far. But finisher is a title you claim in my opinion. And frankly, Eberle has been putting pucks into the net with regularity and seems to never get credit for it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yak doesn't get the same opportunity as Eberle.

So? What's stopping Yakupov from shooting the puck every time he skates over the blue line with it? He doesn't need McDavid or RNH for that. He has a great shot, he doesn't use it.

I distinctly remember in pre-season when he and Draisatl were on a 2-on-0 and neither elected to shoot. The only time Yakupov shot was when there was nobody else with him. He scored.

You can have tools but it doesn't mean much if you don't use them.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I'm saying that when Hall is off, he doesn't really have chemistry with anyone. And that's his issue to sort out. But I guarantee that once he shakes off the rust, he'll start making better decisions and will work better with McDavid.

You guarantee, eh?

Hall has looked bad with McDavid all preseason and now in this game.

Hall has looked bad, period. He looks disinterested in trying to battle for pucks.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Eberle career shooting percentage is 14.1% , Yaks is 10.6%, this sort of balances out opportunity and further proves Eberle is a better finisher right now.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
So? What's stopping Yakupov from shooting the puck every time he skates over the blue line with it? He doesn't need McDavid or RNH for that. He has a great shot, he doesn't use it.

I distinctly remember in pre-season when he and Draisatl were on a 2-on-0 and neither elected to shoot. The only time Yakupov shot was when there was nobody else with him. He scored.

You can have tools but it doesn't mean much if you don't use them.

Yak doesn't shoot as much anymore because he doesn't want to rub his teammates the wrong way.

This is all you need to know how good Yak is at finishing when his confidence high

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yak doesn't shoot as much anymore because he doesn't want to rub his teammates the wrong way.

This is all you need to know how good Yak is at finishing when his confidence high

That brings up a great point.

A large majority of goals are scored by going to the net. He should do that. If he's not going to shoot at least bang in a rebound or two.

And if he's really that worried about rubbing his teammates the wrong way then there's something seriously wrong in that dressing room.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
That brings up a great point.

A large majority of goals are scored by going to the net. He should do that. If he's not going to shoot at least bang in a rebound or two.

And if he's really that worried about rubbing his teammates the wrong way then there's something seriously wrong in that dressing room.

IMO No one on the team has a more killer instinct for scoring than Yak. Eakins absolutely destroyed this kid's confidence in his ability to play hockey. He even thought about quitting hockey. That's how bad it got in the dressing room.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
IMO No one on the team has a more killer instinct for scoring than Yak. Eakins absolutely destroyed this kid's confidence in his ability to play hockey. He even thought about quitting hockey. That's how bad it got in the dressing room.

Eakins was just putrid in general.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Well Eakins has been gone for almost a year.

Go to the net kid. The hockey world will adore you if you do. Simple as that. You don't need to be Ovechkin, a lot of us would settle for a Ryan Smyth.

McDeathbyCheerios*

You say this all the time. I have yet to see anything about Yak wanting to quit hockey.

And yes his confidence is shot and COULD be our best finisher. Fact of the matter is, currently at current confidence and skill levels, Eberle is a better finisher.

Oct 15, 2008
3.5% more shots that Eberle take go in the net then the ones yakupov take, thus providing some evidence Eberle is a better finisher.

You said it "balances out" the fact Eberle gets the best of everything and Yak gets fed a steady diet of plugs and minimal pp time.

That is one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever read here and there have been some doosies.:laugh:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
You said it "balances out" the fact Eberle gets the best of everything and Yak gets fed a steady diet of plugs and minimal pp time.

That is one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever read here and there have been some doosies.:laugh:

What I meant is it is a more balanced stat to determine who is a better finisher then total points or goals for example, even though Eberle gets better lien mates and more PP time etc, he still buried more of his chances, It tell you how many of their chances they bury Eberle buries more of his chances hence being a better finisher. My first post was poorly worded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad