Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0. The lockout was more fun than this.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
All I can do at this point is laugh :laugh:

I guess major changes are all but inevitable now, and this 20 games into a season in which the Oilers claimed beforehand that they were finished rebuilding and ready to challenge for a playoff spot.
I didn't expect that much, but I thought that this team had the potential to move up a position or two in the standings...

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Watched the second half of the game (first game in a while), and I couldn't get over how bad Eberle looked. I don't think I've even seen him look this bad. Total non-factor out there.

I had my doubts about Nichushkin earlier in the year, but I must say that I was impressed by his game tonight.

Pretty sure Eberle has tapped right out on this team. He's my pick for shake up trade. Sooner the better.

vb

Mar 4, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
LOL, just when i thought it couldn't get any worse.
I can't recall 1 high quality scoring chance in the last 2 periods and i believe it's now 10+ periods without scoring a goal at home. Holy ****ing ****!!!!!!!

I have been against firing Eakins so early into his tenure and i still think most of this is on the players but something has to be done to salvage some pride. Firing Eakins looks to be the only option at this point. It's just not working and it's getting worse every game.

Just imagine a Yakupov for Griffin Reinhart trade. Feel better now? :D

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Is it possible to healthy scratch almost the entire team and just have the barons come up and play friday?

AssistantCaptain*

I'd say so. Not even facetious. Outlier year, not saying he's not talented but no way he's top-10 in scoring again in his career.

I wonder if Oilers game ticket prices will go down.
Reverse Darwinism. Idiots will continue to be lured in. Thus, retaining high ticket prices. A stable revenue will keep the organization from making alterations to their horrendous on-ice product.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
It is a possibility,the Sens we're accused of purposely losing for Alex Daigle.

I dont think a team 20 games in has hopes for a draft pick. If there was like 5 games left I wouldnt be surprised to see a team "rest" its players.

This team is beyond tanking for a high pick anymore.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
Looks like I picked a good night to stop watching the Oilers. I don't even care anymore at this point because the season is pretty much over 20 games in unless somehow they manage to win 10 games in a row and play above 500 hockey for the rest of the season. However, they can't even score a goal at home or play a game without allowing at least 3 games so at this point I'd be surprised if they even win another 10 games this season. This was suppose to be the year the Oilers at least competed for a playoff spot and they are playing the worst they've ever played. Yay for another lottery pick I guess.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
lmfao

now theyre in denial.

This is truly a sight to behold

They did play solid, shots were even. Dallas didn't have many chances either. They couldn't get a puck to go in. After Dallas scored they played massive trap hockey. The end result is a boring game.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think what pisses me off the most about this whole disaster is how we all have to sit here and admit that VeteranNetPresence was right about our hockey team.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
mad.jpg

LOL im not even mad. Let the gong show continue

I feel like I should be mad but I just don't care.

:laugh:

I feel the same way.

I coulda used a little less Gagner tonight. If Dallas Eakins is all about players earning their ice time, I don't see how Gagner gets over 18 minutes.

Arcobello was a positive, the penalty kill was a positive. I thought Belov was pretty good.

And we held the opposition to under 4 goals! #SmallVictories

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad