Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0. The lockout was more fun than this.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Watched the second half of the game (first game in a while), and I couldn't get over how bad Eberle looked. I don't think I've even seen him look this bad. Total non-factor out there.

I had my doubts about Nichushkin earlier in the year, but I must say that I was impressed by his game tonight.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I blame myself. Way too optimistic to think this team was capable of 11th in the West.

I bow to the wisdom of IATL and everyone else who said they were a last place team again.

oilman9482

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario
Positives: Dubbie, Yak, Arco, good effort overall.

Negatives:RNH was off his game, no puck luck, Gagner isn't an NHLer.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
LOL, just when i thought it couldn't get any worse.
I can't recall 1 high quality scoring chance in the last 2 periods and i believe it's now 10+ periods without scoring a goal at home. Holy ****ing ****!!!!!!!

I have been against firing Eakins so early into his tenure and i still think most of this is on the players but something has to be done to salvage some pride. Firing Eakins looks to be the only option at this point. It's just not working and it's getting worse every game.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Honestly, I watched Oilers last 4 games and its horrific.

Why is the gameplan drop and chase? Aint your forwards skilled enough to get it to the net? Why are the forwards ALWAYS playing behind the net when they have absolutely no size and grit? I think it would be better to do a 2 guys pressure and have the third one close enough in front of the net, with the players you have.

And the defence is pure ****, its even harder to get the puck out of the zone. Dubnyk is not good, but the defence make him look even more bad than he is.

I really hope for you guys that Eakins/GM get fire tomorrow morning or that a big trade to shake up that team happens soon enough. I watched the Habs suck 2 years ago, and I had a terrible time. I cant even think how hard it must be for you to see you team suck for 4-5 years. God. Its time to turn that team around. SOON.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
i find it very odd that the media continues to chase yakupov around about ice time like it has any bearing on how this team is doing.

How about asking the actual people in charge of this gong show

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Yes, that 9th overall scoring last year was total fluke.

I'd say so. Not even facetious. Outlier year, not saying he's not talented but no way he's top-10 in scoring again in his career.

I wonder if Oilers game ticket prices will go down.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I bet MacT already has a few trades lined up.

It took him 3 weeks to trade an NHL defenseman for mediocre prospects, and stated he's "hopeful" that is all he has to do like dumping a defenseman and signing a nutball goaltender was the cure for all the team's ills.

He's got nothing going on

You could find Fox News panel at a democratic convention with a perspective closer to reality than Mact's take on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad