Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0. The lockout was more fun than this.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Worst start in Franchise history.

The only time in franchise history the team has gone 3 games at home without scoring a goal.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse. :help:

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
Jets fan here…just wondering if there's a consensus as to what's wrong with the team. Is it coaching, goaltending or something else?

Anything revolving around the oilers is what is wrong, the ****ing netting is black so they couldnt see the puck went in the mesh and then got a penalty after. everything is wrong with this team

McHockeyfan90

Feb 29, 2012
Canada
Feel sorry for the two suckers who bought a pair of tickets each lol

I sold the last pair for $50 each. Face $125

you were really smart to sell those tickets. i was offered a ticket to the oilers game which was worth almost $300 but i didn't go and i made the right choice.

cyril*

I'm looking forward to all the goals Bryzgalov will score for the Oil!!!

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I wonder if we get the patented Eakins "Yeah liked the effort and the play, but we didn't have the execution or the bounces go our way"

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Honestly, why do we watch? This team is beyond redemption. Im cancelling my cable.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Worst start in franchise history.

What more of a reason do you need to fire the Pejorative Slurs running this club?

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
What a ****ing joke this franchise has become....absolute ****ing joke.....maybe the media should start calling out someone besides the youngest player on the team and Dubnyk ......but that would be too much to ask

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
does anyone remember when Cujo was here, and he had that game against detroit and made 52saves preserving a nothing nothing tie? Those were the days

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
Dubnyk plays good and the team can't muster a goal.
He plays like crap they score 4 but still lose.

wtf

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
lack of scoring, anything to do with That 10-assist guy on the 4th line for a piece of crap on the 2nd? Sure played better without Gagner.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Would be good if someone went over all the GA with Yakupov on ice to determine how many minuses was he actually responsible for.

Edmonton has 29th best defence with Yak off the ice there is your answer. But Yak is the problem with this team.

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
I don't know what the answer is, but MacT needs to make a decision on whether it is coaching or the players. If it's the coaching, make a change NOW. The season is already lost, but we're better off changing now and hoping for the next year.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Taylor Hall needs to sit on the bench. Dude doesn't have the mental capacity to play the intelligent finesse game.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
There's no way the Oilers are this bad.

I'm starting to seriously wonder if behind closed doors that the Oilers are purposely losing for a player that management wants.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
who was that all star goalie we had in net tonight?

man it really blows right now. cant believe this season...we were supposed to be contending for a playoff spot.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Well clearly this is a serious low point. however, I thought there were some postives. for one we had some decent chances, cna't believe the puck didn't go in. Some times you just have to realize when you get no breaks at all. Also dubs played a great game. If we can get some breaks and tending the rest of the way. well maybe we can play 500 hockey the rest of the year. small victory.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Just send Eakins packing. It probably looks bad to fire a coach after 20 games and have the 5th coach in seven years, but at this point his system is a gongshow and obviously the players just don't respond to whatever he's trying to teach them. Add to that the whole Yakupov debacle, so firing Eakins is the best chance to shake things up, without gutting the team with a desperation trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->