Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0. The lockout was more fun than this.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
"We don't crash the net. We don't score any dirty goals" -Hemsky
"We gotta find a way to get one by. It's frustrating because we get chances on the rush, but we don't sustain any pressure. It's in and it's out... Datsyuk and Bertuzzi, it's unbelievable how strong they are at that... Nothing wrong with the system, guys in the room need to step up" -Perron

Well, the vets know. Don't think the young guns do though.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Reverse Darwinism. Idiots will continue to be lured in. Thus, retaining high ticket prices. A stable revenue will keep the organization from making alterations to their horrendous on-ice product.

You gotta figure if this keeps up the fans are going to start staying home....especially on one of those minus 20 nights.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yaks ice time has been beaten to death but how the hell do Gordon and Arcobello have such little ice time. Combined they barely have more ice time then Gagner.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
When I wake up tomorrow and check my phone before I go to class around 230, I want to see an NHL alert stating that K.Lowe has been fired, a significant trade that brings us a top pairing dman and/or a top 6 PF took place, and that Larsen is on waivers back to the AHL.

That would be a good day in my books

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
You know when an Oilers player says they thought they played good or solid or decent... someone near them should square up and kick them hard in the nuts just after they say that.

A team who's blowing this badly over 20 games and loses their 3rd straight by shutout on home ice isn't playing "decent" or "solid" or any other definition that eludes to any form of "goodness".

At this stage you need actual wins (or at least some ****ing goals) before you should even come close to uttering words like solid or decent about how the team is playing.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
As long as Dubs keeps play well and we have Bryz on the way. I really think this team will get on a roll. We just need to stay healthy. Book it, we will be with in 5 games of 500 by christmas.

Tanevian*

i find it very odd that the media continues to chase yakupov around about ice time like it has any bearing on how this team is doing.

I assume you are talking about TSN post game. It was typical media sensationalist BS. Just make sure to remember that when it's about another team.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Hall has 5 good options, 4 outlets and the shot. He forces the pass through two stars sticks.

Yup, Taylor should keep telling other players to play properly. He knows how!

Also, why the hell pull the goaltender again? Joke.

I don't know how many times I've seen Hall force passes that just weren't there, or come flying down the wing and take a wrister that flies over the net.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
As long as Dubs keeps play well and we have Bryz on the way. I really think this team will get on a roll. We just need to stay healthy. Book it, we will be with in 5 games of 500 by christmas.

More likely we are within 5 of 500 goals allowed.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
When I wake up tomorrow and check my phone before I go to class around 230, I want to see an NHL alert stating that K.Lowe has been fired, a significant trade that brings us a top pairing dman and/or a top 6 PF took place, and that Larsen is on waivers back to the AHL.

That would be a good day in my books

Your not going to have a good day tommorow. Sorry man :(

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
More likely we are within 5 of 500 goals allowed.

then we will have a solid january, flirt with 500 and end up 5 games under at the end of the season.

Goaltending and breaks, as long as we get some. the wins will come. A win vs SJ will be a huge boost, then we flatten Calgary on sat.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1: Ryan Smyth on the PP. Fire the coach.

2: 5 on 3 PP. Nobody is standing in front of the net for 1:50. Fire the coach.

3: 5 on 3 PP. Gagner and Hemsky as the point men. Fire the coach.

4: Yakupov getting to spend valuable PP minutes with Smyth, fire the coach.

5: 2nd empty net goal. Why was the net pulled after it was 2-0? Because we wanted to score a goal on home ice? No. We don't deserve that. If we're not going to win the game then don't bother scoring any goals. FIRE THE COACH.

6: Eberle - 2 shots on net, 21 minutes played(way too much), 2 dives, no penalties drawn and lost every single battle in the corners. TRADE HIM

7: Dubby makes himself as small as possible so that Peverly goal can just barely make it in on the short side. FIRE THE GOALTENDING COACH.

8: Gagner can't receive a single pass. No. I'm not joking here. 3-4 times that someone passed him the puck in the offensive zone he misses it. GLUE A GOD DAMN ANVIL TO HIS ARMS SO THAT HE CAN'T LIFT THE STICK SO THAT HIS STICK IS ALWAYS ON THE ICE SO THAT HE CAN RECEIVE THE PUCK!

9: Yakupov stays on the ice for 88 seconds because of the crap minutes he's getting with Ryan Smyth. SMARTEST MOVE I'VE SEEN HIM MAKE ALL SEASON. I feel so bad for Yakupov. He was so gracious in accepting being the 1st overall pick. He should have told scouts that he wouldn't play for Edmonton before the draft. Imagine him with any other team?

10: We are easily the least physical team in the NHL. TSN credits the Oilers with landing 19 hits. I only saw 3 or 4 all game and only one of them were stiff. Let's just demote this entire team to the AHL, why don't we?

AssistantCaptain*

I'm willing to let everyone but Gordon, Perron, RNH and Yakupov:p: go but now that I think about it, has any player flourished under Eakins?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad