Post-Game Talk: Oilers go Super Fly and win 5-3

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Troy Brouwer even called McDavid "the best player in the world" in the post-game......wow, I guess this how Pens fans felt 10-11 years ago when Crosby was taking off.

Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid....it almost seems a little unfair that these two franchises have split between them half of all generational talents in NHL history.

I'd be seething if I weren't a fan of one of these teams. :laugh:

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to see that.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Gio also said in the Calgary sun interview that McDavid was probably best in the league lol, the Flames are quickly realizing just how good he is.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Gio also said in the Calgary sun interview that McDavid was probably best in the league lol, the Flames are quickly realizing just how good he is.

It's crazy to see how the defense reacts when he gets the puck, it's almost instant panic mode and they start turning around to skate towards their own end.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Troy Brouwer even called McDavid "the best player in the world" in the post-game......wow, I guess this how Pens fans felt 10-11 years ago when Crosby was taking off.

Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid....it almost seems a little unfair that these two franchises have split between them half of all generational talents in NHL history.

I'd be seething if I weren't a fan of one of these teams. :laugh:

Orr and Howe would have something to say about that.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Troy Brouwer even called McDavid "the best player in the world" in the post-game
ix3tCY2.jpg

3nf2Z4U.jpg

bzur

Feb 11, 2007

Haha

"Dear rest of the league,

We dealt with him for our first 2 games.. you guys can do it for a while now for **** sakes"

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
To think Flames fans were adamant that little Johnny was better than McDavid based upon a couple lucky bounces at the World Cup, even going so far as to swarm Sportsnet articles spewing vitriol at our captain.

It was never a question. The crying little Johnny pictures will get a lot of play around here, what a baby. He's not cut from the same cloth as our captain.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
To think Flames fans were adamant that little Johnny was better than McDavid based upon a couple lucky bounces at the World Cup, even going so far as to swarm Sportsnet articles spewing vitriol at our captain.

It was never a question. The crying little Johnny pictures will get a lot of play around here, what a baby. He's not cut from the same cloth as our captain.

I actually think this is unfair to Johnny.. while I agree he is not on the same level as McDavid he is an incredibly skilled and exciting hockey player and I wouldn't call him a baby. That's just what his face looks like.
Haha

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You guys whooped us pretty good, no question. I don't think you got anywhere close to our best game from our players, especially in transition and on defence being that we're not fully caught up on our systems yet. Then you add in playing a guy with McDavid's speed the first 2 games, well he really exposed that weakness.

I'm not an Oilers fan, in fact I hate your team lol. But I love hockey, and I love our rivalry, I enjoy getting to watch McDavid play as much as I do, it was odd seeing your team win the physical game, and seeing your defence being competent. You guys won the Hall/Larsson deal and I said so from day 1. FWIW, I don't see how you don't make the playoffs this year.

Anyways, I look forward to some exciting hockey and hopefully the good guys get the next win. ;)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You guys whooped us pretty good, no question. I don't think you got anywhere close to our best game from our players, especially in transition and on defence being that we're not fully caught up on our systems yet. Then you add in playing a guy with McDavid's speed the first 2 games, well he really exposed that weakness.

I'm not an Oilers fan, in fact I hate your team lol. But I love hockey, and I love our rivalry, I enjoy getting to watch McDavid play as much as I do, it was odd seeing your team win the physical game, and seeing your defence being competent. You guys won the Hall/Larsson deal and I said so from day 1. FWIW, I don't see how you don't make the playoffs this year.

Anyways, I look forward to some exciting hockey and hopefully the good guys get the next win. ;)

I suppose even enemies can show respect from time to time. The Battle of Alberta being relevant is a good thing. That was exciting hockey.

Get used to us owning you now. This is just the beginning :).

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
I actually think this is unfair to Johnny.. while I agree he is not on the same level as McDavid he is an incredibly skilled and exciting hockey player and I wouldn't call him a baby. That's just what his face looks like.
Haha

I agree, I would still take him on the oilers in a heartbeat over any forward not named Mcdavid and Draisaitl.

I hate the flame's and he makes them worth watching, just as some of them watch the oilers for McDavid.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016

No such emotion as hate, only love or fear, and i can clearly see which one you have. Thanks for posting.

Barring a Kings collapse because of Quick's LTIR, or some other miraculous happen stance, I don't see how we do.

But thanks for the vote of confidence, nonetheless. I think the Oilers and Flames will be pretty even in standings.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Nhl.com says Larsson had zero hits last night. Was the stats guy sleeping or in the bathroom or something.

Hits are a weird stat. I think to get credited for an actual hit you have to separate the man from the puck. If he's dished it off and you finish your check, it doesn't get recorded as a hit. But I might be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad