Post-Game Talk: Oilers go Super Fly and win 5-3

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Canucks 1-1=0, Flames 0, Fans 0.

What a game. But Vancouver won, which means Calgary lost to that Vancouver team. LOL. After they were spotted a goal!

3nf2Z4U.jpg

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
You guys whooped us pretty good, no question. I don't think you got anywhere close to our best game from our players, especially in transition and on defence being that we're not fully caught up on our systems yet. Then you add in playing a guy with McDavid's speed the first 2 games, well he really exposed that weakness.

I'm not an Oilers fan, in fact I hate your team lol. But I love hockey, and I love our rivalry, I enjoy getting to watch McDavid play as much as I do, it was odd seeing your team win the physical game, and seeing your defence being competent. You guys won the Hall/Larsson deal and I said so from day 1. FWIW, I don't see how you don't make the playoffs this year.

Anyways, I look forward to some exciting hockey and hopefully the good guys get the next win. ;)

Curious, did you admire Gretzky too? These 2 generational talents was something the Flames never had though they had good teams from time to time.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Gryba looked solid yesterday. He definitely shouldn't see the minors again this year. I'd send down Fayne before Gryba. I also think it would be hard to change the D lineup for Buffalo after yesterday's game.
Funny that Flames coaching change mirrors the Krueger - Eakins situation. Fire a solid coach to go with a rookie unknown. I guess the only learning piece for the Flames was that they didn't fire Hartnell on Skype.

Real strange they fired Hartnell tbh.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What a terrible game that was
Yes after watching the Flames 3 straight games now my hype is dropping a bit on the Oilers start we are going to have to gauage them after playing a real team. Flames are a joke. From their forwards to defence. They can't blame goaltending tonight Johnson literally earned them a point.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yes after watching the Flames 3 straight games now my hype is dropping a bit on the Oilers start we are going to have to gauage them after playing a real team. Flames are a joke. From their forwards to defence. They can't blame goaltending tonight Johnson literally earned them a point.

I mean...

You have to give Eriksson credit too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad