Post-Game Talk: Oilers go Super Fly and win 5-3

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
For whatever reason I read the Flames Hockeybuzz version of the first two games. Apparently the Flames outplayed them the majority of the time - I noticed a couple periods where they did, notably the first of last night, but it didn't seem to be almost all the time.

And a bit when the fly was helping them on the boards in the Oiler end.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
For how much crap we've been dished from Flames fans, seems like they're pretty quick to break.

Can dish it but can't take it?

They seem to think if they played just okay they would of won both games, cause our defense is still suspect and so is our goaltending.

I think they should look into a mirror and see their defense blows and their goalie is a product of St. Louis

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They seem to think if they played just okay they would of won both games, cause our defense is still suspect and so is our goaltending.

I think they should look into a mirror and see their defense blows and their goalie is a product of St. Louis

Their D sucks with those pylons they send out there and Elliot is brutal. Their forward depth is pretty abysmal too.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I was at this game. With about a minute left, Gryba absolutely nailed Tkachuk with a nasty cross check to the back. I don't think it was on camera because I saw no mention of it in the game thread. The refs didn't see it and the Flames fans around me were just howling about it.

thumbsup_u5qispnqvn.gif

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Watching Canucks Vs Flames.

Initial thoughts, this game is way more physical than our two games. Ferland isn't a ***** cat tonight. Think they have a deeper rivalry than we do with either team.

Canucks have had all the looks at the net so far, six minutes in.

Edit* Back and forth defensive breakdowns at nine minutes in

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Damn it. I really want the Canucks to win... living in Calgary, nothing will be more fun than the flames starting 0-3 when I go to work on Monday.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Damn it. I really want the Canucks to win... living in Calgary, nothing will be more fun than the flames starting 0-3 when I go to work on Monday.

Such a different tone the commentator takes on this game.

"Everyone on the Canucks bench feels sorry for Loui Ericson here This has happened to a number of good NHLers over the years and I'm sure he'll get this one back."

If that had happened to an Oiler on an Oiler broadcast we'd hear about how stupid the guys was for the rest of the game along with a full 5 minute breakdown, and 3 or 4 seperate "Let's take another look at that play...."

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I couldn't bea Nucks fan.

I've seen some **** as an Oilers fan, but wow that club is futile.

Moved to Victoria in 2010, thought I might as well become a casual Canucks fan. This coincided with their cup finals run the next year. I followed them some through the season. The playoffs came around so I got behind them and watched each series. As the series went on and I had to watch all the blatant diving, cheap shots, and deplorable play I slowly started to turn against them. Lapierre went on to bite a Shark which really didn't help. I was still cheering for them at the start of the Boston finals, but by the end of that series, without noticing my allegiances had been changing, I felt relief that they lost.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I just cheered a Canucks goal.....save me

Man, Nucks have no scoring at all other than the first line. I think they might score even less this year. :laugh: But that was a great shift.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
I think it's cause I know the nucks are going to blow and I hate the flames so much. I've worked through my emotions, I'm centred now...:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00