Rumor: Oilers/flyers trade.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't want to include our 1st this year for almost any available player. Certainly not for Myers.

i dont either, but i think that is realistic value as oppose to 2schenns.

And come to think of it, i dont think the flyers are going to trade picks, this franchise is too good at drafting to squander away more picks.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Myers would get no PP1 time.

That's true, but PP2 looks a lot better this year. I think the main problem with that unit last year was actually getting set up, which they've now been doing consistently. Myers on the point instead of Amac might look pretty damn good.

And yeah, I don't want Myers if it involves our 1st. With Morin and Gostisbehere almost making the team out of camp this year, I'm not sure I'd want to give up much at all for him.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I feel like I would much rather trade the schenns for Kane. I think it's revisited sooner or later. He brings exactly what we are looking for on the top line with speed, scoring, and physical play.

I'm with you there. If we could get Kane for that package I would be all over it... I think kane probably has more value though.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well according to Sabres fans, Myers is clearly a better player than Coburn.
IMO, that goes to show how bad everyone else on that team is.

I'd say at best Myers is equal to Coburn. Only reason I'd take Myers is because his contract and age. That being said, there's no way the Sabres would make that deal for those exact reasons. If they are trading Myers they will get pieces for the future, not a guy that is a UFA after next season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i would be happy happy getting rid of both schenns and if flyers were willing to add on....i would love to get myers and stewart.

Considering B. Schenn holds more value than Stewart, we wouldn't have to add much.

Schenn brothers and a 3rd round pick for Myers and Stewart?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'll answer the nasty defenseman. If you take a look at pretty much every Stanley Cup winner, there was always that hard nosed, tough defender out there that would make the opposition pay when they either got into the goaltender's crease or crossed the blue line. So whether it be Chris Pronger, Zdeno Chara, Scott Stevens, Adam Foote, Derian Hatcher, etc....there is always that type of defender on the blue line that keeps the opposition honest.

I look at the defenders in Philadelphia and there is nobody like that on the blue line. Get somebody with some snarl and some meanness behind them and that makes the blueline a much more tougher group to play against. They become a tougher group to play against, they get more space from the opposition. That's my reasoning for wanting someone big and mean and has a nasty disposition about them.

That's just not true. Luke Schenn may lack a lot of qualities but you cannot say he doesn't have snarl. He hits with authority and never shys away from confrontation.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It looks like Edmontons decision to play Draisatl as their 2nd line center has backfired. I'm guessing he gets sent back to Juniors before the 9 game mark. I wonder if thats why the trade rumors are heating up.

Schenn bros for Eberle! Get it done.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
It looks like Edmontons decision to play Draisatl as their 2nd line center has backfired. I'm guessing he gets sent back to Juniors before the 9 game mark. I wonder if thats why the trade rumors are heating up.

Schenn bros for Eberle! Get it done.

Who would have guessed that playing an 18 year old as your 2nd line center would backfire? :laugh:

Seriously, that organization...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'll answer the nasty defenseman. If you take a look at pretty much every Stanley Cup winner, there was always that hard nosed, tough defender out there that would make the opposition pay when they either got into the goaltender's crease or crossed the blue line. So whether it be Chris Pronger, Zdeno Chara, Scott Stevens, Adam Foote, Derian Hatcher, etc....there is always that type of defender on the blue line that keeps the opposition honest.

I look at the defenders in Philadelphia and there is nobody like that on the blue line. Get somebody with some snarl and some meanness behind them and that makes the blueline a much more tougher group to play against. They become a tougher group to play against, they get more space from the opposition. That's my reasoning for wanting someone big and mean and has a nasty disposition about them.

We need speed and skill more than anything. Look at Chicago.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Keith is mean; dirty, really. Smashing Carter's teeth in and elbowing Sedin in the head.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And please tell who is trading away a defensemen who has speed and skill while also being mean and physical? It just doesn't happen.

Lol seriously. It's basically Weber that fits that decription. And even so, I wouldn't call him a great skater. That combination is so rare, which is why I was so high on Morin. He can give you a little bit of everything and if he puts it all together, it is going to be glorious.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
That's so true. And if you manage to acquire one of those types of defenders, it's going to cost you an incredible expense.

The salary cap floor and revenue sharing has made them even less available. There would be no way a team like Nashville matches that offersheet under the old league structure. Now they have to spend money with a portion being payed out by the richer teams so they can hang onto great players well thru their primes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder if Boston would be willing to deal for one of our dmen with Chara going down.

Schenn and Meszaros didn't play terrible together for us actually..Possible reunion?

I'd prefer to move Grossmann though.

I bet they wish they didn't trade Boychuck right about now..

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Schenn and Meszaros didn't play terrible together for us actually..Possible reunion?

I'd prefer to move Grossmann though.

I bet they wish they didn't trade Boychuck right about now..

Mez and Schenn were a trainwreck. And Mez is now in Buffalo.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Hopefully Hextall doesn't go into panic mode now that Coburn and MacDonald are gone for four weeks. If we thought the blue line was a mess before, it just took an even bigger hit now. I know Alt has been called up, but I wonder who the second defender will be to get called up? Gut feeling says they'll probably go with Manning and leave Hagg and Gostisbehere alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad