Rumor: Oilers/flyers trade.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes they did.

I must be remembering it incorrectly. I could have sworn Mez went on an offensive tear at one point with Schenn.

Moot point though, as I have been reminded that Mez is with Buffalo now.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hopefully Hextall doesn't go into panic mode now that Coburn and MacDonald are gone for four weeks. If we thought the blue line was a mess before, it just took an even bigger hit now. I know Alt has been called up, but I wonder who the second defender will be to get called up? Gut feeling says they'll probably go with Manning and leave Hagg and Gostisbehere alone.

Yeah, that's probably what they are going to do. No need to have them come up here just to lend a hand in losing efforts for the next couple weeks. I think if injuries took place later in the season, and the team was winning or in contention, Hagg or Ghost would get the call, but at this point, let them keep playing in the AHL for now.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I put it in the Misc thread but Freidman says were are "on the prowl" for a defender and Tyler Myers is out there. Thinks we are one team who is trying to get him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I put it in the Misc thread but Freidman says were are "on the prowl" for a defender and Tyler Myers is out there. Thinks we are one team who is trying to get him.

I'm sure Brayden Schenn is the center piece of those talks. They can have Luke too. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving up much more with so many good young D on the way..but a defense in 2-3 years that looks like this:

Myers-Coburn
Morin-Gostisbehere
Streit-Hagg

Would not upset me at all. Sanheim ready to take over for Streit soon thereafter.

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
I'm sure Brayden Schenn is the center piece of those talks. They can have Luke too. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving up much more with so many good young D on the way..but a defense in 2-3 years that looks like this:

Myers-Coburn
Morin-Gostisbehere
Streit-Hagg

Would not upset me at all. Sanheim ready to take over for Streit soon thereafter.

I would be very pleased with that defense. If we can get Myers without giving up our first or one of the kids then I will be ecstatic. Myers would likely help now and in the future, especially if one of Schenn or Grossmann is going the other way just based on skating.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I would be very pleased with that defense. If we can get Myers without giving up our first or one of the kids then I will be ecstatic. Myers would likely help now and in the future, especially if one of Schenn or Grossmann is going the other way just based on skating.

How about both? Not that Buffalo would want both of them

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
According to Friedman the flyers are interested in petry. Don't have the spaceto make it work. That's significant though because it shows we aren't trying to trade off the roster for him. My guess would be a b prospect (straka)+ later pick.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
According to Friedman the flyers are interested in petry. Don't have the spaceto make it work. That's significant though because it shows we aren't trying to trade off the roster for him. My guess would be a b prospect (straka)+ later pick.

They would obviously want some sort of D back, which is where this gets interesting. Maybe something like Petry+Hendricks for Umberger+L.Schenn+conditional mid/late round pick (if Petry re-signs)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad