Oilers fall 3-1

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
The Nuge needs to put on this shirt and go out "slump bustin".

three_wolf_moon_shirt.jpg

This will get him of the snide.

He needs to pray to Yak's crystal ball:laugh:

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Defensively, Nuge has been playing good. Offense is a different story however imo.
True, he hasn't buried any scoring chances. But he is winning puck battles and is generating scoring chances. He continues to impress me...I must be the only one on here:laugh:

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
True, he hasn't buried any scoring chances. But he is winning puck battles and is generating scoring chances. He continues to impress me...I must be the only one on here:laugh:

His defensive game has come a very long way, this impresses me. His offense has been underwhelming. This is concerning because that is his calling card.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Bottomline, Oilers fans are concerned because we've seen a lot of misery over the past six years. It's tough to watch one of our prized first overall picks struggle to put the puck in the net.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Make that two, Hall only has one goal!?!
It would be nice to see him start converting on his chances but I'm okay with his production so far. His goal against the Sharks was huge and he's played a big role on two of Yakupov's goals. RNH's five assists have been really quiet.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I watched a lot if games today. I envy sone teams who have a proper breakout. You watch Chicago and they will have a man stationary on the end boards or one in front if the net. The Dman actually gets to the luck first. Our guys seem to coast back and never get to the puck first.

You know for sure other coaches tell their team to pressure out D as much as they can. There is not an ounce of respect given to our D because the opposition knows if you pressure them they will fold up.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Surprised at all the depression around this loss.
3rd game in 3.5 days.

Last one being very high altitude.

I wasn't expecting a win at all. I was expecting a lot of fatigue, sluggishness, and maybe some altitude sickness. Any of you guys do a rigorous workout 3 times in 3.5 days would maybe know what they're going through.

:/

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
3rd game in 3.5 days.

I wasn't expecting a win at all. I was expecting a lot of fatigue, sluggishness, and maybe some altitude sickness. Any of you guys do a rigorous workout 3 times in 3.5 days would maybe know what they're going through.

The AV's have played 3 games in 3.5days. How on Earth is it an excuse for one club and not the other?

As far as "Very High altitude" this is a joke right? An athlete would have to be from the Mauritian Islands to be significantly effected by this altitude. We come from a Mountain province for crying out loud. I can't imagine any of the Oilers haven't spent appreciable time in the rockies here, or in Colorado.

The lol altitude excuse. Been hearing that one since Shawn Horcoff.

Fact of the matter is anybody losing games to the injury depleted Colorado Avalanche are dropping what should be a very easy 2 pts. The only easier mark being Columbus who we don't face nearly enough..

This is the free bingo night on the calender and we lost, pure and simple. For fans expecting this club to ever turn a corner this was a huge loss. The clubs we face simply don't ever get easier than this.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I really wanted a win today because Vancouver is up next. Luongo is hot. Canucks look like they are starting to roll. They play really tight D.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
The AV's have played 3 games in 3.5days. How on Earth is it an excuse for one club and not the other?

As far as "Very High altitude" this is a joke right? An athlete would have to be from the Mauritian Islands to be significantly effected by this altitude. We come from a Mountain province for crying out loud. I can't imagine any of the Oilers haven't spent appreciable time in the rockies here, or in Colorado.

The lol altitude excuse. Been hearing that one since Shawn Horcoff.

Fact of the matter is anybody losing games to the injury depleted Colorado Avalanche are dropping what should be a very easy 2 pts. The only easier mark being Columbus who we don't face nearly enough..

This is the free bingo night on the calender and we lost, pure and simple. For fans expecting this club to ever turn a corner this was a huge loss. The clubs we face simply don't ever get easier than this.

I don't think we were as good as our record showed. We won't be leading the division by years end. I honestly think our team is about as good as Colorado. Neck and neck.

We're not bad enough for the lottery, but we're not really locks for the playoffs either.

And the thing about altitude is THEY PLAY there, they practice there. They are acclimated to high altitude.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Just finished watching the game on the PVR. I thought we played well but the guys just can't seem to bury their chances. We could have easily run away with this game after the 1st period. Once the boys start finishing their opportunities, we'll see this team win some games quite handily.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't think we were as good as our record showed. We won't be leading the division by years end. I honestly think our team is about as good as Colorado. Neck and neck.

We're not bad enough for the lottery, but we're not really locks for the playoffs either.

And the thing about altitude is THEY PLAY there, they practice there. They are acclimated to high altitude.

I think we're better than the Colorado Avalanche missing a handful of go to players. If we had 5 key injuries I know we'd be milking that as an excuse.

As far as the altitude I can't say I've ever even noticed Mile High having any effect and I'm a hiker, scrambler, climber, cyclist saying that. Talk 10,000 feet and up and you're talking. As I stated earlier mile high could have some effect on a person who was born and raised at sea level. Theres 3k elevation change from Edmonton - Denver. Less than 2k between Calgary and Denver. Virtually no difference between Banff and Denver. What healthy person has even noticed a difference in physiological effort due to elevation change in Banff Alberta?

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Krueger should let Jschultz play the whole 2 mins on the PP.

I dont like to call out Hall... I dont have any major problems with his game today. But hes made 1 hit so far. Less hits than everyone on the team except for MPS.... Im not liking that.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
3rd game in 3.5 days.

All good points. Why not just forfeit the game and go home? I mean, why risk injury? It's not like these guys are professional athletes or anything.

Yup, just phone in sick and head home. Too rigorous.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Going 1-1-1 on a road trip like this is solid.

Sure, when you look at it in that light, but we beat a team that went to the conference finals last year (albeit a lot of their team is injured) and put up a fight against the only undefeated team in the NHL. Then we lose to a mediocre team who doesn't have 4 of their top 6 forwards in the lineup.

I just find it incredibly frustrating how we play our hearts out against better teams in the league (LA, Vancouver, SJ) and look sluggish and lethargic against weaker teams in the league (CGY, COL). I hope we break whatever slump we're in and get back to be the team we were projected to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad