GDT: Oilers @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

grab

May 19, 2010
How do you like Yegor's game? And how does the team feel about him? Please answer.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I had a flashback to Hall's first year here when we played EDM twice in January. That was only McDavid's second year in the league and I remember watching those games and thinking to myself.. that guy against our defense is just not fair. I went and looked it up. Our top-6 D ranked by TOI in those games. Ben Lovejoy, Jon Merrill, Damon Severson, Steven Santini, Kyle Quincey, Karl Stollery. I guess Greene was hurt. Funny enough we lost both games in OT.

We have come a long way. :nod:
Ben Lovejoy sure didn’t have a lot to work with.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Marino was godly last night, Vitek made a few key saves, and once again there was balanced scoring throughout the lineup. Edmonton certainly had a few high danger chances, but once again even in a first period where they got outshot and out-possessed, it never rarely felt like the Devils were in serious trouble in those first 20 minutes, and again that's because they're so damn good at limiting the opposition's high percentage plays, even against McJesus.

Is analysis like this getting repetitive? Good, because that's 13 in a row.
UuePPvk.gif

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yeah, it's one of the guys I went to college went who shit talks every team. I went to college at Hofstra which is near the Coliseum so naturally a ton of Isles fans who went there. He got on Nico for saying the the record streak would be in the history book and that it would be located in the "book of useless information". Proceeded to say that's where the Islanders runs from 2020/2021 belong too and he hasn't texted me since so I'm pretty sure he knows I got him good since he's a shit talker for the most part, lol. A lot of my other Islanders friends from Hofstra are pretty chill about the Devils since they know how bad they've been for the past decade.

Eh, idk a lot of Devils fans aren't brash like the Islanders fans. We talk shit when our team allows us to which hasn't been a lot the past decade.
Sounds petty

You sure he isn't rangersdoggo

Reactions: Guttersniped

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oiler fan just coming to say I loved Mercer's interview we had in period #2 on the local broadcast.

I wish more players interviewed like him. He honestly looked like a kid that was so damn happy to be in the NHL. So many interviews are just bland nowadays and it's as if some of these guys are being held at gunpoint when they do interviews. Not this kid, shit grin and just excited the whole time.

Is he always like this?

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Oiler fan just coming to say I loved Mercer's interview we had in period #2 on the local broadcast.

I wish more players interviewed like him. He honestly looked like a kid that was so damn happy to be in the NHL. So many interviews are just bland nowadays and it's as if some of these guys are being held at gunpoint when they do interviews. Not this kid, shit grin and just excited the whole time.

Is he always like this?

Yes, he's like a golden retriever

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

Is he always like this?
He’s the way he is to balance out Jacks immense displeasure whenever he’s interviewed.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Due to you guys playing so well and Mike Rupp being a regular Wednesday guest of the day on local radio we hear quite a bit about the Devils this year.

What would you say is your biggest concern with your club, as no one seems to be able to find a hole. Local radio guy even dug into a lot of advanced stats and the best he could come up with was a non advanced stat that said you had the 21st ranked PP, but followed it up with saying it is 20% so it's really not that bad lol.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yes, he's like a golden retriever

That is so funny, yet so true!

Is he always like this?

I just assumed all Newfies are like that. Lol

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Due to you guys playing so well and Mike Rupp being a regular Wednesday guest of the day on local radio we hear quite a bit about the Devils this year.

What would you say is your biggest concern with your club, as no one seems to be able to find a hole. Local radio guy even dug into a lot of advanced stats and the best he could come up with was a non advanced stat that said you had the 21st ranked PP, but followed it up with saying it is 20% so it's really not that bad lol.

Smith lol, but for a #6 defenseman it is what it is.

I wouldn't call it a hole in the lineup but the one thing I wonder is can they keep up this pace of play throughout the whole year. It helps immensely being able to roll 4 lines and 3 d pairs relatively equally, but they play such a high pressure, up-tempo system that I wonder how much that'll wear on them as the season goes.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
How do you like Yegor's game? And how does the team feel about him? Please answer.

He started pretty slow this year, but he’s been really coming on as of late. The same thing happened last year…a slow start for the first 15/20 games and then came on strong and was very productive. He’s also proving to be a very good penalty killer.

The release on his shot is one of the most unique in the game. He has the ability to cleanly beat goalies outright just based on how difficult it is for goalies to read.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That is so funny, yet so true!

I just assumed all Newfies are like that. Lol
Haha. It was just nice to see. So much talk about NHLers not making as much as their counterparts in the other big sports in the NHL. Yet if most of them did a commercial I'd probably cry watching it. It's as if their dogs were just hit by a vehicle when they talk.

Also I hope that kid that dropped the puck pulls through. We dealt with one last year and the team really rallied around him, sad that he passed but happy how NHLers are spending time acknowledging these kids. Kulak and Nurse met some kids in the cancer ward the other day and as Kulak said for the little time it takes the kid and the families are just so grateful. While it sucked as an Oiler it was kinda nice to see his favourite player Bratt open the scoring.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Smith lol, but for a #6 defenseman it is what it is.

I wouldn't call it a hole in the lineup but the one thing I wonder is can they keep up this pace of play throughout the whole year. It helps immensely being able to roll 4 lines and 3 d pairs relatively equally, but they play such a high pressure, up-tempo system that I wonder how much that'll wear on them as the season goes.
You know I wondered the same as really we do play that way at times, but we seem to save it up for some reason.

But is playing up-tempo going to be any harder than playing a hard grinding/physical game?

Injuries on D. RD is fantastic on the big club but I do not think they want Nemec up or think he is ready. A long term RD injury would hurt a lot IMO
Well he can't play defense all the time and makes 4mil or something, but Barrie would be an interesting fit on your defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad