Ice Station Zebra

THE DEVILS ARE ON A 12 GAME WIN STREAK!

zL32Jnz.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

Voaef2R.png

dvuroRF.jpg

DEVILS (15-3-0) vs. OILERS (10-8-0)

Head-to-Head

Ryan Graves scored the game tying goal, then seconds later Jesper Bratt gave the Devils their first lead of the night at 16:52 of the third to lead the Devils to a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers several weeks ago in Edmonton. Miles Wood also had two goals and an assist in the game while Connor McDavid (1 goal, 1 assist) and Tyson Barrie (2 assists) had two points apiece.

Tonight is the second and final meeting of the season between the clubs.

Devils team scope:
The Devils have won 12 straight games and 15 of their last 16 after starting the season 0-2. With 30 points, they have the second-best record in the entire NHL. In the Metropolitan Division, the Devils are seven points up on second-place Carolina Hurricanes.

Jesper Bratt leads the Devils with 22 points (7 goals, 15 assists), tied for 12th in the NHL in points. Akira Schmid is second in the NHL in goals-against average at 1.34 among goaltenders with three or more appearances and second in save percentage at .941. Vitek Vanecek is fifth at 2.15.

Oilers team scope:
When the Devils defeated the Oilers on November 3 in Edmonton, the Oilers had won five straight games. The loss sent the Oilers into a bit of a tailspin, losing four of their next five. They've come off a big 4-3 overtime win over the Vegas Golden Knights this past Saturday, however.

With 20 points, the Oilers are sitting in the first wild card spot in the Western Conference. They're three points back of Seattle for third in the Pacific Division and nine points behind Vegas for top spot.

Connor McDavid leads the NHL with 34 points (16 goals) and Leon Draisaitl is second with 30 (20 assists).

By the numbers:
New Jersey won 13 straight games during the 2000-01 season, from February 26 through March 23, 2021. The Devils have a goal differential of +26 which is second in the NHL behind Boston at +38.

During the last 12 games, Jack Hughes has 16 points to rank second in the NHL since the Devils streak began on October 25.

Devils have been outstanding in both offensive and defensive categories all season long. They are third in goals per game (3.78), second in goal against per game (2.06), second in shots per game (36.9), first in shots against per game (24.7). The Devils are also undefeated when the opponent scores first (6-0-0).

The Oilers have the second-best power play in the NHL at 31.8%. Next Devils win will be their 300th at Prudential Center. Devils have become the first U.S.-based NHL team with a winning streak of six or more games against all Canadian clubs.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Jonathan Bernier (Hip - IR)
Ondrej Palat (Groin - IR)
Mackenzie Blackwood (Sprained MCL - 3 to 6 Weeks)

Oilers
Kailer Yamamoto (Undisclosed - Day-to-Day)
Evander Kane (Wrist Laceration - IR)
Tyler Benson (Knee - IR)

HrgWP8w.jpg

h3zE6un.png

RjvDVne.png

pb8NQdv.gif

zaZISDV.png

VukfW3d.png

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Oilers will be looking to get back at that 3rd period dagger (graves/bratt) previous matchup. I expect they will have a high pressure response.

At the time that was our toughest matchup (calgary played us hard the next game too). They are missing Kane from before, but hopefully we dont come out flat.

I expect a big crowd tonight. I plan to be there!

i peered over the edm board. They beat us to the gdt. A little more level than last time, saw a mea culpa from last time. Funny. :nod:

Lets goooo!! Keep it clean and tidy! Put the gas pedal on early....!!

Oh and... Unleash the Haula Tsunami now that we have breached goal 1!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Big sports day, team USA playing Wales in the World Cup at 2pm today. I want 2 wins today. Should be a good crowd tonight...

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The last EDM game was definitely the toughest game we played this year. As with that one, McJesus and Drai will get theirs, just have to take advantage of good matchups when we can get them. I have faith at this point that we'll give a solid effort and from there it's a tossup of who can get more out of their depth in games like this.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I'll be curious if Hischier has enough hop after last game to keep up with McDavid. You have to figure that hit felt worse the day after than it did during the game.
You would have to think Nico would be sore as hell after that cross check . I can see teams zero in on that and maybe give him a little shot to the same spot to try to get him off his game . I think teams might try changing up how they play against us to try to be able to compete . Do whatever they can to slow us down . Finish their checks and be as physical as possible ?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You would have to think Nico would be sore as hell after that cross check . I can see teams zero in on that and maybe give him a little shot to the same spot to try to get him off his game . I think teams might try changing up how they play against us to try to be able to compete . Do whatever they can to slow us down . Finish their checks and be as physical as possible ?
Hopefully the trainers can put together some sort of cover for that area? A kevlar layer with a pad underneath? Edmonton wants to skate with NJ and unlike Ottawa won't have to rely or borderline play to avoid getting blown out so my guess is that guys play their game instead of look for cheap shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille