GDT: Oilers @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
By the same token they gave up a former 1 and a 3 for Marino, plus two threes and a swap of 2’s to the Caps for Siegs and Vanecek. I’d say those were pretty good uses of trading picks.
I certainly like the returns Fitz has gotten with 2nd and 3rds as opposed to Shero with Gusev and Mirco.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
By the same token they gave up a former 1 and a 3 for Marino, plus two threes and a swap of 2’s to the Caps for Siegs and Vanecek. I’d say those were pretty good uses of trading picks.
True. I think his point was to not trade them for rentals. All those players are here for multiple years/

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Due to you guys playing so well and Mike Rupp being a regular Wednesday guest of the day on local radio we hear quite a bit about the Devils this year.

What would you say is your biggest concern with your club, as no one seems to be able to find a hole. Local radio guy even dug into a lot of advanced stats and the best he could come up with was a non advanced stat that said you had the 21st ranked PP, but followed it up with saying it is 20% so it's really not that bad lol.
Our size and physicality is our biggest hole. We have been challenged by physical teams, and in the past we just got alligator arms and stopped playing or gave the puck away. We've answered the bell pretty well this year but the playoffs are a different level.

Getting Wood back, adding Palat and Haula as guys who can grind and Bastian and McLeod showing they can play in any situation is helping but I'm not totally convinced yet.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
OH MY, I forgot to post the obligatory Dano portrait after a win.

D1ADE6E6-21F3-44C1-BC27-B2DD90A6DE71.jpeg

Yes and No

Always after the 2am piss

Never after #BahlSack reunions or crouching the jewels
169D8D6B-205D-4BF7-8FF2-964259B3DF0F.jpeg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It’s so awesome to see them playing so wel
Our size and physicality is our biggest hole. We have been challenged by physical teams, and in the past we just got alligator arms and stopped playing or gave the puck away. We've answered the bell pretty well this year but the playoffs are a different level.

Getting Wood back, adding Palat and Haula as guys who can grind and Bastian and McLeod showing they can play in any situation is helping but I'm not totally convinced yet.
I guess we will see how we stack up against Boston and any other physical teams. Only way of truly knowing is to play in the playoffs and see how it goes ? Cannot mess with what’s been an awesome roster right now. Once Palat is back ,where would we add another winger ? I’d assume Boqvist is out for Palat , who comes out for anyone added ? Tatar ? Haula ? I just domt like messing with something that is working so good. Ya adding a player like a Meier should be a big addition on paper but not sure what it does in the room. Scratching a player that has battled all season long and replacing him with a pickup last minute doesn’t seem right to me but it happens all time . Not sure what to think.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
16-1-0 might be the best 17 game stretch in team history? Possibly?

I know it's dumb to count preseason, but we're 22-5-0 since the start of preseason. We weren't really losing much in preseason either.

We actually went 19-2-0 in 2000-2001 during the 13 game winning streak. And 20-4-0 over the last 24 games of that year.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
16-1-0 might be the best 17 game stretch in team history? Possibly?

I know it's dumb to count preseason, but we're 22-5-0 since the start of preseason. We weren't really losing much in preseason either.

We actually went 19-2-0 in 2000-2001 during the 13 game winning streak.
Probably considering those two loses in Carolina after the 05-06 stream were some of the worst in team history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad