Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-3 (Horvat, Myers, Pettersson)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Great start to the game,...Oilers got a late one in the first..It was 3-1....A few posters knew what lay ahead the next 2 periods.

The players confidence must be as fragile as hell....They cant hold a lead, or close out games..

You have to be pretty thick skinned to witness the implosion on consecutive nights.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
They were starting to come on and played with edge and determination after Roussel's action.

Roussels antics aside, he brings nothing absolutely nothing to our lineup, and currently the bar is set low
I don’t care that Baertschi isn’t ideal for a third line role, he or anybody would offer more than Roussel, I’ve been watching him closely all year, he throws the puck away, like he is afraid of getting hit, the coach must love his hustle without the puck cause he is gun shy with it

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It’s hard to believe that there are still Benning supporters.
Its absolutely crazy.
Practically everything his critics have been saying for years, coming to fruition. For the exact same pathetically predictable reasons they've been saying.

Bennings tenure filled with unbelievably stupid decision after decision, has been a complete disaster.

FULL stop.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Watching Edler these days is enough to cause a lump in your throat...such a warrior for the Canucks over the years, but his career is ending with whimper rather than a bang.

I had a read on /r/canucks, and they are going on and on about re-signing him. I don't know what Kool aid they've been drinking.

Trade him now, and than ring of honour 3 years later. Sentimentality always kills the Canucks, hanging on to players way past their due date.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I mean at the end of the day yeah even if you get pushed from 1st pick to 4th you're still getting a great player for finishing last. I just think it's criminal that the last place team has a 50.6% chance at the 4th pick. Like, what the f*** is that?

Might be changing this year cuz Yzerman...

Disregard the Canucks getting shafted from the lottery year after year, no one cared.

Reactions: geebaan and J Corso

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
It’s embarrassing how many years benning has had to replace elders minutes but yet here we are in 2021 relying on Edler to be a shutdown defenseman. We shouldn’t be in a position where we need a 36 year old edler to be a top 4 defenseman.

canucks need to move on from edler even though he’s still a decent defenseman. Rip off the bandaid. Same reason I was fine with marky and Tanev leaving. Benning has hid behind markstrom, Tanev and edler for years. He’s never been able to find or develop defenseman and it’s completely f***ed this organization. It will take 3 or 4 years to build a solid defense now and that’s if they turf benning ASAP.
Agreed.

Yet, we have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum at the helm..

We need the Vancouver Media to start doing their jobs, and help the Nucks to be put back together again.

Reactions: vanuck

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Just my opinion - Roussel took an absolutely moronic penalty where he dropped his gloves and bloodied the face of an absolutely bewildered Puuljujarvi. Oilers were pissed and they played the rest of the game like a different team.

How that is only 2 minutes is an interesting call to me. You drop a glove and bloody a guy and it is 2 for roughing

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Christ, how you ever managed to pay attention from 2015-2018 is baffling to me. I have never felt more bored and checked out as a Canucks fan than when I had to watch Pouliot/Gudbranson/Del Zotto/Hutton/revolving door of flaming garbage for several consecutive years. This year is a meme and it's still better than those years
This year isn't a meme in any way. The Torts year was a meme, this is just mediocrity.

Those years were tire fires coming off expectations the team would chase a cup. The expectations now are much lower and eventually anger just turns into fatigue. You also don't have the spectacular aspects of Willie D's curious deployment strategies and a young guy like Boeser lighting it up as well as the Sedins on a farewell tour.

Those years of sucking came with the understanding that drafting high would result in better teams in the future. The team still sucks. Not because of the young core, they proved they can win in the bubble. However, the cap is royally screwed with these aging vets on absurd long-term deals are just killing this team. Hard to surround that core with decent complementary players unless you keep fishing for high picks again.

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad