Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-3 (Horvat, Myers, Pettersson)

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
This season did blow up in the management's faces, and one of Tanev or Toffoli should have been retained..However, long term, I think the right decisions were made..We're already seeing younger players moving into some of those spots.
Not aware of key RFA's wanting out...?, I'm of the understanding that they're a pretty tight knit group.

well they do share the same agent now. the same guy who got dubois traded.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
The lack of cap flexibility is Bennings fault, nobody arguing that..I dont agree that they've been replaced with 'nothing' though.

The problem hasn't been the replacements, other than maybe Holtby. We were the 21st best defensive team with Markstrom, and lost him and 2 of our 3 best defencemen (the other is almost 35) at preventing goals. Schmidt was a great add, but we needed him just to maintain a bottom 5 defence.

Another problem is we had a lot of guys that had career years last year (Virtanen, Pearson, Gaudette) that haven't come close to replicating that success. Our secondary scoring consists of Tyler Motte, and when Brandon Sutter goes on a run every 15-20 games.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Roussel once again got the book thrown at him basically for being Antoine Roussel. Oh I forgot, the NHL is perfect...

My guess (hope) is that the powers that be saw this as a bit of a sucker punch and treated it like that which is fine. A dumb play but I get why he did it; to energize his team. Didn't work though...
Just like Bertuzzi on Moore.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
and he was rewarded with more ice time for it. And then had 2 more brutal turnovers that almost lead to goals for good measure. Maybe you should have done something about it coach.
Anyone who hasn't been screaming for Green to be fired since late January, give your heads a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad