Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-3 (Horvat, Myers, Pettersson)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why would you guys want to finish dead last?? Don't you get it yet? The literal odds are that they get pushed down to 4th.
Finish fourth last and the odds are good we get pushed down too, no? Lower the finish the higher the for sure pick. Higher the pick, and the better the odds of getting a very good player. Unless, of course, we stay with Jethro/Jethrine leading the charge.

Reactions: geebaan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Lines AINT working. Try this next game, nice in balanced:

Miller Horvat Gaudette
Eriksson Pettersson Hoglander
Roussell Sutter Virtanen
Macewan Beagle Boeser

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
No,
Steve Y carries too much weight in this league and he is going to bitch his way to changing the lottery odds.
Hey, if that happens then great! The current system is ludicrous. However, until that happens I consider finishing last the kiss of death.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
After seven pretty solid efforts in a row, it was back to the outhouse tonight. I can't think of a single five-minute stretch where I thought they played good hockey.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Its crazy how much edler has clearly declined, and he's still vital to the team. Like we cannot afford to not have him back next year, who tf is going to replace his minutes as effectively?

Certainly nobody Benning is going to acquire by some miracle.

And I love edler, he's a great dman. But 2021 edler is not prime edler amymore and im really starting to realize how far he's fallen.

He would be incredibly solid in ideally a bottom pairing role, or at best #4 dman. He’s betting forced to play prime Edler minutes still.

This is why I despise the hate Edler gets because he’s being asked to play well above his means. He’s older and slower now...yet he’s being relied upon like it’s 2011.

This is f***ing absurd. I cannot stand the hate on Edler. Not coming at you btw, just saying in general he catches a lot of unwarranted heat IMO.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
It would have nice to have our scoring guys get some time on the PK. While the Sedins were never fixtures on the penalty kill, I do remember them getting a couple shifts each game especially if we were down. Would have been helpful to have some guys who have some hope to score playing late

Green's babying of our star players, over reliance of crappy veteran role players and lack of trust for anybody under the age of 27 who is not a star (I'm calling a Hoglander benching any day now) is going to send this franchise back years

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Should really start kicking tires on Pearson's contract. If it's going to be bad, at least you can start shopping him early for the deadline.

We know how this group... needs more time to get these things done as seen last Free Agency and trying to trade Dan Hamhuis in 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad