Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-2 (Kuzmenko, Miller) - Thank you, Bruce

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Tonight is going to be tough, in so many respects. I knew that Bruce's days were numbered, but I've been so bummed out ever since the rumors surfaced that Tocchet was the new coach. All of this shit going down..............for Tocchet.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
If Demko never needed surgery this off season and was healthy from the get go, completely different season, none of this would be going on. Yes the D is bad has been for years, goaltending has carried this team for years, guarantee healthy Demko though would of won a lot more games and the Bruce There It Is Chants would be going strong.

I was tired of the non offense under Green, I was actually happy being a Canucks fan again when they signed Bruce, because he likes offense and he gets wins. I was hoping this management would trade Miller and fix the D somewhat, but instead they did the complete opposite and doubled down while blaming the structure instead of fixing the problem back there. I'm pissed and frustrated.

frustrated-pulling-hair.gif

Last edited:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Haven't watched a single game since mid-December. Can't see myself cheering for any other team and find it bizarre that other people seem to find it so easy to do so. I find it increasingly more difficult to give any more money or my eyeballs to our despicable owners any longer so simply not watching or caring for now. This is like Bill Wirtz-era Chicago bad and it's all on the Aquilinis.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
When the camera pans up to Sleepy Jim and ghost PA they look identical to the 2 old men on the balcony in the muppets

(Some loser copied my post and posted it on the #canucks on Twitter…. Get your own material people)
1674344141734.png

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
If Demko never needed surgery this off season and was healthy from the get go, completely different season, none of this would be going on. Yes the D is bad has been for years, goaltending has carried this team for years, guarantee healthy Demko though would of won a lot more games and the Bruce There It Is Chants would be going strong.

I was tired of the non offense under Green, I was actually happy being a Canucks fan again when they signed Bruce, because he likes offense and he gets wins. I was hoping this management would trade Miller and fix the D somewhat, but instead they did the complete opposite and doubled down while blaming the structure instead of fixing the problem back there. I'm pissed and frustrated.

frustrated-pulling-hair.gif

Tonight is going to be tough, in so many respects. I knew that Bruce's days were numbered, but I've been so bummed out ever since the rumors surfaced that Tocchet was the new coach. All of this shit going down..............for Tocchet.
Well said, both of you. I feel the same, as I’m sure many others here do.

Haven't watched a single game since mid-December. Can't see myself cheering for any other team and find it bizarre that other people seem to find it so easy to do so. I find it increasingly more difficult to give any more money or my eyeballs to our despicable owners any longer so simply not watching or caring for now. This is like Bill Wirtz-era Chicago bad and it's all on the Aquilinis.
I know for myself I enjoy Hockey in general and it‘s become an important part of my self care - something that is just for me and time I can relax.

Visiting with some of the Boards here is an opportunity to socialize when I have extended periods of time away.

One thing that’s for sure though, no other fan experience compares to the energy and excitement I get when the Canucks are doing well & a likeable group. I sure hope we see a return to that soon.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Are you going to participate in the "bruce there it is ' chant,,?
Yes. I generally found it annoying so i used to not participate, but I feel like I’ve never seen this fanbase agree about something more.

No one appreciates the way he’s been treated. I think he deserved to be let go, but he became the vessel for management to throw all blame on. It’s been like eight months of this blame.

And then you get to the firing process. Just so sickening.

I appreciate the energy he managed to breathe into the fanbase. A lot. Those few months after Dec 5 were the most fun the fanbase has had in more than a decade.

I think it’s a combination of a thanks and a f*** you to management/ownership.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I don’t necessarily then Bruce is the right coach for this horrible roster, the way he has been treated is shocking. Pure incompetence and classless

Sums up PA and JR

I said long ago people would come to despise those 2 clowns, we are there now

The missteps and bad moves are shocking given the short tenure

Now they hire a convicted criminal to coach the team

Reactions: Ginger Papa

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Nobody has claimed its the' only' problem...Its a problem when Martin concedes 4 goals in 8 shots like he did against Montreal., and usually concedes 2 poor goals a game...Not NHL caliber.
The book on Martin is that he can't track the puck. A pass across the slot and the net is usually wide open for an easy one time goal. There's more, but that is what really stands out to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad