Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-2 (Kuzmenko, Miller) - Thank you, Bruce

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Obviously a bizarre week or so here and you might not like the road to get there - but it ended with a great moment for Bruce to go out on so maybe it all turned out like it should.

Better than being fired on a random Tuesday morning, that's for sure.

As for the game, it was the same as too many games this year. On-ice product needs lots of changes and moving on from this coaching staff is an appropriate start.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
But nobody is suggesting that he wasn't deserving of his firing. Literally the entire discussion the last week or so has been about HOW he's being fired.
And that got out because someone in the media market doesnt know how to keep their mouth shut. I doubt its uncommon for GM to talk to other coaches around the league before they make a change or even before they think about making a change.

ITs the same thing in Baseball or Football when someone is about to lose their job a list of potential candidates is already circling around the team. Its just this media market is inherently negative and doesnt know when to keep their mouth shut and let things play out.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
How do you respectfully fire someone who isnt listening? Even in the preseason there were pointed comments about the teams structure which werent improved during the course of the season. Comments about how he was using Rathbone, POdz and Hoglander.

Bruce the person and Bruce the coach are two different people. The person deserves respect for how he handled things but the coach was deserving of getting fired based on his decisions and the teams play.

You can like someone as a person but still think they are awful their job the two aren't connected

You just fire them. You don’t say rumours of their firing have been greatly exaggerated for half the season. Interims are named all the time.

Obviously no one here has an issue with firings. We do it all the time.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
And that got out because someone in the media market doesnt know how to keep their mouth shut. I doubt its uncommon for GM to talk to other coaches around the league before they make a change or even before they think about making a change.

ITs the same thing in Baseball or Football when someone is about to lose their job a list of potential candidates is already circling around the team. Its just this media market is inherently negative and doesnt know when to keep their mouth shut and let things play out.
Okay so.... that being said why is there a problem with the fans pouring their love out to him for the way this went down?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

BRUCE SHOTS AT MANAGEMENT I LOVE IT

Kept Bruce here to take on the gauntlet so that Tocchet can have 3 gimme games.

More likely its because it got leaked and the Allstar break is coming up. Which is the only major break in the schedule all season

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Okay so.... that being said why is there a problem with the fans pouring their love out to him for the way this went down?
I never said I had a problem with fan pouring their love for him out? where did you get that idea

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I imagine there'll be a press conference this week to introduce the new coaching staff.

I really hope some of these lily-livered 'in house' media guys have the courage to ask the hard questions about how management handled Boudreau and the current coaching staff.

And if Aquilini has the gumption to show up then he needs to subjected to some withering questions. But I'm not holding my breath that any of that will actually happen.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Weren't you openly wondering why Boudreau gets so much love?
No, Im wondering why people seem to be dismayed with the organization for an under performing coach who wasnt listening to management.

Like I said Bruce the person and Bruce the coach are two separate entities

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not everything is about "arguing" something, people are just sharing their thoughts on the entire situation
Well you guys keep telling us things we already know and agree on, as if we are completely oblivious and think Bruce should stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad