Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't have an inherent problem with Calgary having the Alberta flag on the jersey(we could too!), but I do find it to be pretty funny given that it looks stupid.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I don't have an inherent problem with Calgary having the Alberta flag on the jersey(we could too!), but I do find it to be pretty funny given that it looks stupid.

And it's just soooo unoriginal. To me it seems like pandering.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A poster on the Sports Logos boards claims he's seen the jerseys and says the striping for the Oilers is the same as the leak, the collar is navy with a white outline, and the outline around the yoke is slightly thicker.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
A poster on the Sports Logos boards claims he's seen the jerseys and says the striping on the Oilers' is the same as the leak. The collar is navy with a white outline, and the outline around the yoke is slightly thicker.

That would be on the unfortunate end of things if the striping is the same.

The blue stripe looks awkward.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
A poster on the Sports Logos boards claims he's seen the jerseys and says the striping on the Oilers' is the same as the leak, the collar is navy with a white outline, and the outline around the yoke is slightly thicker.

Can't believe we're going from a top 5 home jersey to a bottom 5 home jersey. Adidas and the Orange Jerseys are just all one big **** up.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I don't mind the striping change. The whole point of the original jersey was to commemorate the WHA team with the last season in Rexall and to bring forth a new age. Even if the striping is updated to match the NHL jerseys, the orange is still pretty dang sweet.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Maybe he's wrong or bsing.

I agree the striping looks terrible and it's inconsistent with the logo, numbers, and shoulder yoke where the navy is outlined in white.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
The biggest issue I have with the jersey is the massive amount of spacing below the numbers on the arms and above the stripes. It just looks unbalanced. I also hate the white collar but it sounds like that's been taken care of.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mind the striping change. The whole point of the original jersey was to commemorate the WHA team with the last season in Rexall and to bring forth a new age. Even if the striping is updated to match the NHL jerseys, the orange is still pretty dang sweet.

I'm the opposite. The smaller striping looks bad in blue. It doesn't stand out nearly enough, so it needs to be bigger. Imo, it's a clear downgrade over what we had

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wouldn't surprise me if they changed the striping. It basically is the just the white jersey pattern, but done with orange as the primary colour, so the striping would have be changed to match.

I still think the classic white Oilers jersey is the best Oilers jersey.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
striping at the bottom should look like this IMO (plus no white collar)
288.jpg

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
wFoJ1Jh.jpg

I don't think the collar is exactly correct but the rest is not bad. A downgrade from the current jerseys but not horrible if this is what they're going with.

Last edited:

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
wFoJ1Jh.jpg

I don't think the collar is exactly correct but the rest is not bad. A downgrade from the current jerseys but not horrible if this is what they're going with.

Except for the arm stripes are lower down for some reason, creating that big gap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad