Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I like that idea. I have for a long time. Navy/midnight Blue and orange.

Makes us look less like the Islanders.

We're also getting a road white jersey that is more in the style of the orange jerseys.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
It won't be terrible but, I wish they stayed with the Blue jerseys.
Any one have a mock of what they might look like ?

Edit:They'll probably be darkening the Logo as well if that's the case.

Reactions: dawunderboy

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I'm liking this idea. I miss the Navy Jerseys. Made us seem tougher for some reason.

Those navy ones represented the teams of the late 90's to 2000's where we didn't have a ton of talent, but we still worked hard.

I think the current blue jerseys have too many years of icky memories attached to them.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
Anyone think they may change the away jersey to match the original WHA road jerseys? Basically mirror the home jersey and change the blue shoulders to orange...

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I'm a fan of the color navy but the blue works so well with the orange.
Hopefully it looks good. I'll be buying one regardless just a sucker for jerseys

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The blue in the logo for sure needs to be darkened with the orange, way to light in HD

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It seems like they're going to do the navy blue on both the Orange and White jerseys, so that could still look good. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Colours would maybe be similar to these. I think the navy will be less dull on ours though, more boom (shine?) to it.

hedstavares_17123861_8col.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kinda knew stuff like this would happen ... now that McDavid is here they need to cash in on the merchandising craze.

And of course in 2018-19 they will have the new "navy blue" third home jersey.

Reactions: fuswald

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Anybody know when they will be available? Was hoping after the draft but TSN posted an article which had a Preds team-store sign saying they would be available in September. Was hoping to get one for the summer.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Anyone think they may change the away jersey to match the original WHA road jerseys? Basically mirror the home jersey and change the blue shoulders to orange...

I'm thinking this is how they'll go with the whites. I think shoulder numbers is almost a guarantee(unless Adidas does some weird striping on the shoulders), but I think they'll flip the colors on the shoulder to match the WHA as well.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm thinking this is how they'll go with the whites. I think shoulder numbers is almost a guarantee(unless Adidas does some weird striping on the shoulders), but I think they'll flip the colors on the shoulder to match the WHA as well.

Hope not. I prefer the blue yokes on white. I think orange stripes but blue yokes. Like this:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
As the Tavares picture above points out you're probably looking at something like this color wise:

Islanders22.png

Yashin-Orange1.jpg

Minus the weird triangle thing on the orange Islanders jersey.

I actually think it looks OK. I'd have to see the design, but for now I'm good with it.

I think navy blue looks better with orange than light blue does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->