Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Don't even need to see the full photo to know that I don't like it. I don't see why they needed to change the sweater so much. Based on the photo's above, VAN, LA, STL, CBJ are nearly identical to their old sweaters. I know they want to cash in on 97, but the mere change from Reebok to Adidas and the new materials surely would have accomplished that...

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Also, if you look closely in the picture, you can see what appears to be white trim on a blue number on the sleeve.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Guys, the picture on the left is a prototype. Pro Am Sports confirmed it and so did a poster who saw the final version. He says the jersey will have a navy collar with white trim on the inner part and a thicker white outline on the yoke.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Guys, the picture on the left is a prototype. Pro Am Sports confirmed it and so did a poster who saw the final version. He says the jersey will have a navy collar with white trim on the inner part and a thicker white outline on the yoke.

I sure hope you're right.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oilers' draft hat:

os8svG6.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Saw these at Jersey City, I don't think they're new or anything, but it kinda shows how the colour scheme could look with the darker blue:

i53ExJk.jpg

You can see the difference between navy blue and the royal blue on the shirts behind.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If orange is primary color why is hat navy? I do like that shade better though.

The 1st round pick (and maybe others?) will also get a jersey right? An orange hat would look ugly with the orange jersey, so they get the orange jersey and blue cap. At least, that's my guess. On a side note, navy alternates in 2018-19 are gonna be lit af.

atowalters

May 29, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
So another pre-mature freak out are now out of people's systems? Good to hear. They look as good as I hoped. Looking forward to seeing what the Aways and Thirds look like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad