Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Interesting. White letters with what looks like a black outline... this could mean the number colouring is reversed too. Not sure I'm a big fan of that, especially if it's black (maybe it's just a dark navy, hard to tell). Also, the lettering looks like it's just screen printed like the crappy cheap crested jerseys you get in foot locker. I really hope you can still get a properly crested one similar to the ones you get at Rogers/Oilers store etc.
It's navy, and there's stitching on the outline of the name.

This looks decent on second thought. Looks more professional. Still not a big fan though.

Edit:hoping for an orange collar, seems unlikely though
Collar is navy. Looks like the two-color one is gone.

Last edited:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting. White letters with what looks like a black outline... this could mean the number colouring is reversed too. Not sure I'm a big fan of that, especially if it's black (maybe it's just a dark navy, hard to tell). Also, the lettering looks like it's just screen printed like the crappy cheap crested jerseys you get in foot locker. I really hope you can still get a properly crested one similar to the ones you get at Rogers/Oilers store etc.

The outline of the letters is blue. The lettering also isn't screen printed, you can see that the material is different.

White letters will look good, but I'm kinda weary of ripping off the Flyers too much. Exciting that we're getting what looks like a completely new jersey for the first time in quite a while.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
The outline of the letters is blue. The lettering also isn't screen printed, you can see that the material is different.

White letters will look good, but I'm kinda weary of ripping off the Flyers too much. Exciting that we're getting what looks like a completely new jersey for the first time in quite a while.

The letter is stitched but the white on navy layer isn't, which mean the white is likely screen printed over the navy. Not a fan of that.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Bothered me at first, but white lettering looks great. Original Alberta Oilers jersey had white lettering for names:

288.jpg

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I always felt the blue letters with white outline on orange was a really awkard feel and actually hurt my eyes a bit. The lettering has always been actually one of my biggest dislikes about our oranges.

I think using blue as the 'separator' color works much better and makes it far more readable in my opinion.

Good post. The blue trim definitely makes the color scheme "pop".

It was nice to honour that 70s team for a couple seasons with the neckline and a few retro touches, now the Adidas scheme looks very sharp going forward. Now to find a spare $350...

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My biggest questions are regarding the road whites, which we haven't seen yet. Blue shoulder yokes or orange? Also curious as to the striping pattern on both.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Why mess with a good thing? For a franchise with such a storied history it's sad to see them constantly modifying a classic jersey so drastically. Minor improvements sure, but don't like this at all.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Why mess with a good thing? For a franchise with such a storied history it's sad to see them constantly modifying a classic jersey so drastically. Minor improvements sure, but don't like this at all.
Agreed. I get the orange as a 3rd I loved it but keep the bright blue it's our real primary colour and it's great. Now they change the orange one too. I'm not stoked for this addidas take over at all. Usually always starts in disaster when a new company takes over.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Like the blog said, it doesn't seem to match the coloration of the teaser.

God, I hope at least. That is fugly.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
After reading the blog, i think/pray its just a knockoff or prototype or something.
Same. The white collar goes too far back to be like the Sweden one, and the white around the yoke looks too thin compared to the teaser the Oilers tweeted out.

If that's actually the jersey I won't be buying though. I've been waiting to get an orange Talbot for a year but I guess I'll have to get a Reebok one.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Remember the last brand changeover when we got the worst jersey of all time? Wouldn't be surprised if this tops it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad