McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'd like to see

Caggiula-McDavid-Rattie
Zykov-Draisiatl-Chiasson
Reider-RNH-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

and an upgrade in that top 9 would do wonders
How on earth do you guys forget Khaira?? He was good last game. Didn't look out of place on that second line

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'd like to see

Caggiula-McDavid-Rattie
Zykov-Draisiatl-Chiasson
Reider-RNH-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

I like what ya done here but another fella mentioned Khaira and I agree. Really wanna see what we have with Zykov. If he is a shooter/sniper he will fit in nicely with Drai. They say the knock against him is skating. Well if he can position himself in the proper shooting areas with Drai, we could have something. Drai is great in the corners. Chiasson also has a great shot. I was at Pens game when Syd scored that beauty and Chiasson was having a great game as well. He hit the cross-bar once and I didn't even see it. He was well out when he shot it as well.
I'm a big believer in that a line needs the following to succeed:
sand-paper guy, set-up guy, sniper guy. Look at all the great lines over time. The Isles had Goring/Tonelli - sandpaper guy, Trottier - set-up guy, Bossy - sniper. The Oilers did it as well . Kurri was quite a sniper with Gretzky. Hall & Oates in St Louis, etc.

I don't wanna harp on the past but I was a fan off Aberg when he was here and I have the posts in previous blogs to prove it. I thought he would have been great with Drai I said. I mentioned he kinda reminded me of Nylander. He could skate and had a great shot. Too bad he got in Todd's doghouse and the leash was too short. Todd's stubbornness cost him his job.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Rnh-Mcdavid-Rattie
Zykov-Drai-JP

I hope we see these pairings soon

Switch RNH and Zykov. It's time to let McDavid carry a line for a change and give Drai some help for a change.

I wonder why they called up Marody. Does this mean Spooner gets the pressbox now? I'm assuming they are calling up Marody to give him an honest shot, not as an extra forward who fills in occasionally.
Who comes out when Reider returns in a week or so? Going to be some interesting decisions coming up soon, might see a trade or two to clear the clutter.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Switch RNH and Zykov. It's time to let McDavid carry a line for a change and give Drai some help for a change.

I wonder why they called up Marody. Does this mean Spooner gets the pressbox now? I'm assuming they are calling up Marody to give him an honest shot, not as an extra forward who fills in occasionally.
Who comes out when Reider returns in a week or so? Going to be some interesting decisions coming up soon, might see a trade or two to clear the clutter.

???
Not sure how you mean.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
???
Not sure how you mean.

He's always had the best winger on the team while Drai has always had the scraps. The better player should be asked to carry a heavier load IMO. They need to get a consistent scoring 2nd line going, we know McDavid will get his regardless.

I didn't mean it in the sense that he hasn't been a line driver before. I didn't intend to come across as all "Kevy" in that post.

Reactions: booyakasha

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Khaira-McDavid-Rattie
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Zykov-RNH-Caggiula
Chiasson-Brodziak-Kassian

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think some asshat whacked him. Sometimes I think if hand bones are broken from a slash it should be intent to injure and serious punishment. Even if it was our guy doing it.

No it was in practice. They were doing a drill and weren't wearing gloves at the time. It is also suspected to be ligament damage, not a break. It was a freak thing where it sounds like his thumb hyperextended back.

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
Has he been practicing with the team? Or did his visa prevent that? If he hasn't im guessing hes not in tonight.

Strange 9:20am and no GDT haha.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
He's always had the best winger on the team while Drai has always had the scraps. The better player should be asked to carry a heavier load IMO. They need to get a consistent scoring 2nd line going, we know McDavid will get his regardless.

I agree with this 100%. Load up a line with Leon centering and give Mcdavid the next best wingers, or rotate a few in/out. I'd love to see Zykov on McDavids wing. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with him.

For this team to succeed long term Leon absolutely has to be our 2nd line center.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I think some asshat whacked him. Sometimes I think if hand bones are broken from a slash it should be intent to injure and serious punishment. Even if it was our guy doing it.

Crosby amputated a dude's finger and that was okay. Broken bone, pffft is like a office paper cut. It stings a little but play though it.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Zykov looked okay tonight. I'm happy with this waiver pickup by Chiarelli.
:clap:

Really surprised no one under us scooped him up. Oh well, sucks for them and Carolina.

Reactions: ujju2 and Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Zykov looked okay tonight. I'm happy with this waiver pickup by Chiarelli.
:clap:

Really surprised no one under us scooped him up. Oh well, sucks for them and Carolina.

He seems to have pretty quick hands for a big man. Also he hasnt played in over a week as well.
I think he just needs to get his legs under him.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I thought he had some good looks tonight. Considering he hasnt had much practice and was probably rusty, he should only improve. If he could pot a goal against the flames, that would be nice :)

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'd like to see

Caggiula-McDavid-Rattie
Zykov-Draisiatl-Chiasson
Reider-RNH-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

I want Toffoli.

Caggiula-McDavid-Toffoli
Zykov-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Rieder-RNH-Rattie
Lucic-Broziak-Kassian

Possible 1st PP unit: McDavid, Drai, RNH, Toffoli, Klefbom

Pulju goes in a package for Toffoli. If we're deep in the playoff hunt come the TDL, trade our 1st along with Pulju for him.
I'd like those lines quite a bit better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad