Confirmed with Link: Oilers Claim Valentin Zykov

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Why? Why should they get to skip the line?

I don't think they should 'skip the line', I suggested there should be a higher-order process for them. As in something in place with the league where the paperwork for American and Canadian visas are kept up-to-date as the likelihood of needing one or the other at any given time is high. No one said anything about skipping a line or ignoring it outright.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think they should 'skip the line', I suggested there should be a higher-order process for them. As in something in place with the league where the paperwork for American and Canadian visas are kept up-to-date as the likelihood of needing one or the other at any given time is high. No one said anything about skipping a line or ignoring it outright.
I don't even know what you are talking about. They aren't going to have a pile of papers sitting somewhere with every NHLer just in case they get traded.

What you are essentially saying is them skipping the line anyway. People move around a lot, should companies that employee 20000 people across the world have the same thing setup?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I may have misheard, but I thought Lowetide said he's now in Edmonton and will hopefully play tomorrow, more than likely Sunday.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
I don't even know what you are talking about. They aren't going to have a pile of papers sitting somewhere with every NHLer just in case they get traded.

What you are essentially saying is them skipping the line anyway. People move around a lot, should companies that employee 20000 people across the world have the same thing setup?

I am Canadian. I spend about 1/4 of my life working in the states, primarily Manhattan, for american companies. I don't want to go down this rabbit hole. I know why people get offended by anything that may be construed as favoritism. However, I get along fine. There are ways of getting along fine. Companies use those ways all the time. I am suggesting that the NHLPA should do the same.

Edit:
Also, not to start a meaningless argument...

however.... do u think the PA doesn't already keep'a pile of papers' (electronically) on each player in the NHL?

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I am Canadian. I spend about 1/4 of my life working in the states, primarily Manhattan, for american companies. I don't want to go down this rabbit hole. I know why people get offended by anything that may be construed as favoritism. However, I get along fine. There are ways of getting along fine. Companies use those ways all the time. I am suggesting that the NHLPA should do the same.

Edit:
Also, not to start a meaningless argument...

however.... do u think the PA doesn't already keep'a pile of papers' (electronically) on each player in the NHL?
They could very well, but that really means nothing. They still have to be sent in and go through the process with the government

Even if they didn't it's not like those papers would take all that long to fill out. That's not the real issue

Reactions: Shathar

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
They could very well, but that really means nothing. They still have to be sent in and go through the process with the government

Even if they didn't it's not like those papers would take all that long to fill out. That's not the real issue

I imagine the PA has a pretty big team of lawyers. If some of the work was done preemptively it would help. However, perhaps your right. Perhaps some of that work is already being done preemptively and it isn't the issue here.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I agree..news is bittersweet

I might be reading too much into this but the interesting line in the article is "Zykov has been cleared to play in Canada". Odd it didn't include the USA or say "North America". US Immigration being a bag of dicks?

They play in Denver next week so hopefully he has full clearance by then.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I might be reading too much into this but the interesting line in the article is "Zykov has been cleared to play in Canada". Odd it didn't include the USA or say "North America". US Immigration being a bag of dicks?

They play in Denver next week so hopefully he has full clearance by then.
He was already playing in Carolina so I think he already had his US Visa?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

certain employers who move employees around have pre-screening security and background checks that can bypass some of the stages of the everyday citizen applications for work visas. NHL teams especially the canadian ones should all have this as well.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Great news, thanks for posting!!

Except for Caggiula. He has grown on me as a player this season, I hope he's not out long term.

Drake is the reason im ok with continuing to develop benning. the guys who come out of NCAA take a year or 2 to adjust to the heavy game schedule that the CHL guys are already used to. Petry was the same way. maybe he is or isnt a player but im not ready to give him away for free yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad