Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Boston Thursday 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
no doubt. never showed up. evened all seven goals back out over the next two games, though. Washington eats Rask alive. it's the only team the Bruins can't beat, so postseasons have to align around them or they need to plan a different strategy. (the postseason is like extra hockey after the season. they play for a trophy called the Stanley Cup. the Bruins sometimes qualify for that extra hockey. several of the guys that won a Cup in Boston earlier in this decade are still on the team.) seriously, though, does Edmonton fair well against Washington? Boston's plan is to still be playing when somebody else eliminates Washington -- it hasn't been working well enough for full satisfaction.

I would sure think we wouldn’t get beat 7-0.
I like how your tough guy Marchand picks his spots on when he decides to be tough. I don’t give a sweet fudge if he pounds on Lars Eller. My 12 yr old daughter could pound Eller. I just find it funny he does it when Tom Wilson can’t play.
If he tried that BS against us, his nose would be straightened out and re-broken 10 times before the stretcher dropped him on the ice like they did Modano. The fans could then thrown beer and spit on the little ball of hate

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
“It’s the only team the Bruins can’t beat”

:laugh:

I think the Red Sox victory last night has made you over confident about your teams bud.

I’ll remember this comment Thursday night.

“It’s the only team the Bruins can’t beat”

The Leafs almost beat ya last year then Tampa Bay mopped the floor with the Bruins.
Give me a break

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Imagine if we get spanked tomorrow and lose against a desperate Rangers team. We'll probably see jerseys thrown for their home opener.
I’m flying out for the home opener. Never been to Rogers Place. Hopefully they can turn it around. That home stand is very tough. Someone could be fired very quickly in the season if we hit an iceberg

Reactions: Pressure

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
no doubt. never showed up. evened all seven goals back out over the next two games, though. Washington eats Rask alive. it's the only team the Bruins can't beat, so postseasons have to align around them or they need to plan a different strategy. (the postseason is like extra hockey after the season. they play for a trophy called the Stanley Cup. the Bruins sometimes qualify for that extra hockey. several of the guys that won a Cup in Boston earlier in this decade are still on the team.) seriously, though, does Edmonton fair well against Washington? Boston's plan is to still be playing when somebody else eliminates Washington -- it hasn't been working well enough for full satisfaction.

Oh, you also had problems with Ottawa in 2017 in 1st Rd.
So it sounds like maybe Ottawa, TB and Toronto as well as the Caps give ya problems.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
And ya didn’t look to good in 2015and 2016. U had no problems with any other teams because you dint make playoffs. Then in 2014, Montreal took ya out.

So Mr Bruins fan as you can plainly see, it just ain’t the Caps that the Bruins have problems with.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't expect to win... I just want crisp puck movement out of the zone (do forwards cheat out of the zone early?) like in 16-17. I don't want to see more ring around the boards passes.

And I want reliable goaltending. No goals against on the first goal please.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I can't remember the last loss where we said something like "tough pill to swallow, deserved better".
I want this team to start playing with some consistent, strong effort and execution, win or lose tomorrow. 60 minutes please.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I hate to say it but the Leafs have been one of the more exciting teams to watch the past 3 seasons. It’s making it very hard to hate them. They have 4 solid lines but no defence, it’s like watching 80’s hockey.
I’ve never had an issue with a Leafs team itself. My problem comes from having to listen to their media tell me how great they are even in years they aren’t. Too much of that over decades has made me hope they fail.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
15 points in the next nine games? That's a 133 point pace where 5 of the 9 games are on the road. Within those games they have 3 games against the last 3 Stanley Cup winning teams, and 5 games against the top 4 teams from last year. Those are realistic expectations.

You want people to calm down around here they need to win. 10 points won't be good enough when you get loser points for a loss in OT. They could theoretically go 5 wins, and 4 OT losses for 14 points. Then you won't see all this negative emotion coming from people.

Reactions: Aerrol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't expect to win... I just want crisp puck movement out of the zone (do forwards cheat out of the zone early?) like in 16-17. I don't want to see more ring around the boards passes.

And I want reliable goaltending. No goals against on the first goal please.

Funny thing is several teams on the offence wrap it around the boards to the far dman. Our team seems to excel at turning it over to the opposing dmen as a result. If you watch other teams they take their time and flip it out or usually pass it through the middle of the dmen to a forward skating through the neutral zone.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
As expected.....

JET LAG HITS OILERS IN EUROPE

Brodziak thought he could adjust to the eight-hour time difference from Edmonton to Europe when the Oilers went over but he got bit by the jet lag.
“It seemed like everybody had trouble sleeping the first night over in Europe and coming back (Boston) it seemed nobody could stay awake, no matter how much they tried,” said Brodziak.

Kyle Brodziak has slow start to second tour with Edmonton Oilers

i think this may well affect them to some degree for a week or two more before they fully adjust and can be 100%. Could be ugly tomorrow.

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
As expected.....

JET LAG HITS OILERS IN EUROPE

Brodziak thought he could adjust to the eight-hour time difference from Edmonton to Europe when the Oilers went over but he got bit by the jet lag.
“It seemed like everybody had trouble sleeping the first night over in Europe and coming back (Boston) it seemed nobody could stay awake, no matter how much they tried,” said Brodziak.

Kyle Brodziak has slow start to second tour with Edmonton Oilers

i think this may well affect them to some degree for a week or two more before they fully adjust and can be 100%. Could be ugly tomorrow.

Sorry. I completely disagree. 100%. Fully. Maybe it is for Brodziak since he's a comparatively older veteran but same can't be said for the rest of the squad. Any of this is complete BS.

As a person who frequently travels overseas along with many people, it's always easier chasing time flying west then vice versa.

Reactions: LaGu

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I could be wrong because I have no insight at all with the team, but I've always got the impression that Chiarelli likes JP. The way he talks about him, I can tell he gets a bit giddy with his tools, he expects him to break out at some point.

I dont think TM and Chiarelli are on the same page. I thought that last year. Both have done a poor job.
I didn’t think they were on the same page last year either, Mclellan refused to play any of his mid season acquisitions. Then Chiarelli bent over backwards to keep him when he should of been fired. I’ve got no idea what their relationship might be.

Reactions: FlameChampion

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Sorry. I completely disagree. 100%. Fully. Maybe it is for Brodziak since he's a comparatively older veteran but same can't be said for the rest of the squad. Any of this is complete BS.

As a person who frequently travels overseas along with many people, it's always easier chasing time flying west then vice versa.

you're not playing hockey at it's highest level though. There's a difference between us regular joes feeling ok and not affecting us too much at work or even at beer league compared to elite athletes who need to be close to 100%. Any bit of drop off caused by travel can cause them to be just slightly slower footed or slightly processing the game just slow enough that the opponents will have a clear advantage. Even if its only 5% or even less.

Normal travel from west to east or back (in north america) can effect them enough but going overseas and being there for about a week and trying to come back will have a noticably greater effect. It really doesn't take being off that much to have a noticeable effect in an NHL game. Guys are banning fortnite etc because they are really starting to know the effects of being FULLY rested as opposed to maybe only 90-95% rested. You need everything you got in today's NHL.

You create poor sleeping habits as a group and that could easily be the difference between a 30-52 team compared to a rested 44-38 team. It's that tight. Slight lack of energy and pop in the legs or slightly slow processing can hurt you big time.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

You don't get to decide how the travel and difference in time affects other people bud. Somehow I doubt you're taking long ass flights to go do a physically demanding job like these guys did.

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
you're not playing hockey at it's highest level though. There's a difference between us regular joes feeling ok and not affecting us too much at work or even at beer league compared to elite athletes who need to be close to 100%. Any bit of drop off caused by travel can cause them to be just slightly slower footed or slightly processing the game just slow enough that the opponents will have a clear advantage. Even if its only 5% or even less.

Normal travel from west to east or back (in north america) can effect them enough but going overseas and being there for about a week and trying to come back will have a noticably greater effect. It really doesn't take being off that much to have a noticeable effect in an NHL game. Guys are banning fortnite etc because they are really starting to know the effects of being FULLY rested as opposed to maybe only 90-95% rested. You need everything you got in today's NHL.

You create poor sleeping habits as a group and that could easily be the difference between a 30-52 team compared to a rested 44-38 team. It's that tight. Slight lack of energy and pop in the legs or slightly slow processing can hurt you big time.

Fair enough and I respect your opinion. But respectively I disagree. They have 5 DAYS between games to adapt time zones especially going west. Worst I've seen is more elderly heading east for no more than 7-10 days max. They are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES for gawd sakes so they should adapt to changing environments even better. You don't hear Draisaitl or Puljujärvi expressing this vocally. If it really is hitting Brodziak that hurt then it's simple - he's not in optimal shape to play for Oilers.

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
You don't get to decide how the travel and difference in time affects other people bud. Somehow I doubt you're taking long ass flights to go do a physically demanding job like these guys did.

I'm not even going to provide a rebuttal on this.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Does your job involve something as physically demanding as being a pro athlete?

That's not even a catty response, because you might do something pretty heavy so it would relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad