Proposal: Oilers | Blue Jackets

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
The Oilers have 3 clear vet LHD ahead of him on the depth chart. (Ekholm, Nurse, Kulak) I wouldn't say its his fault. He hasn't been given opportunity, and when he has its been at his offside. Broberg is an absolute horse in the AHL right now, leading the Condors to an extremely good record in their past 15 games playing 25+ min a night. 16 points and +14 in 24 games playing in all situations.

If the price is WAY more than Broberg, the Oilers have no interest.
Why would they want Jirecek then, he'd be behind vets Bouchard, Ceci and Desharnais.
Zero people besides Oiler fans are going to see this offer and think it's remotely close to fair value.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
If Broberg is as good as you claim he is, what the hell is he doing in the AHL 5 years after he was drafted?
He is a rangy 22 year old defenseman. Some of them take time to develop. He is also playing on a Stanley Cup Contender that has 3 legit battle-tested LHD on the roster.

Why would they want Jirecek then, he'd be behind vets Bouchard, Ceci and Desharnais.
Zero people besides Oiler fans are going to see this offer and think it's remotely close to fair value.
Jiricek is the shiny new toy I get that, I'm not arguing he has no value, but Broberg has more than you think. Ceci can certainly be upgraded on, but not to a raw rookie. Not at this stage of a contending window.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
To be fair most of them probably see it as crazy talk. This offer has been brought up twice though which is funny

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers need someone that can step in soon for cap reasons. That’s Broberg, who’s currently dominating AHL competition. Broberg with his elite skating and size package is a guaranteed NHLer for many years to come. Maybe he’s a not as sexy as a name as Jiricek and doesn’t have the same ceiling. But he fits a better immediate need for the Oilers.

Jiricek meanwhile complains about not getting PP time he hasn’t earned and complains about being sent down to develop properly. That’s a head ache waiting to happen. Probably something the Oilers in their franchise cycle should avoid.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It would be an offseason move. I can Jiricek replacing Ceci and Bouchard moving up one spot next season.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This is a pretty comical proposal. Why not trade Carter Savoie for Logan Stankoven while you're at it? If you're an Oilers fan who can't see how Jiricek has vastly more value than Broberg I don't know how to help you.

Reactions: Artemi Panarin

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
To be fair most of them probably see it as crazy talk. This offer has been brought up twice though which is funny
100% most Oiler fans are going to understand this is an amazing deal for them, but almost every person that thinks it's close will be an Oiler fan.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Proper evaluation of this trade also needs to consider this picture. Have you even seen this picture yet CBJ fans, does Jiricek even lift?:

Attachments

• IMG_7978.jpeg
    IMG_7978.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
I can see why other fans are not seeing this as a fair trade…

But, if Broberg does get traded, that team will have a steal as I feel he will one day get it and be a very good late blooming top 4 dman if things go well a top 2.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Jiricek is the shiny new toy I get that, I'm not arguing he has no value, but Broberg has more than you think. Ceci can certainly be upgraded on, but not to a raw rookie. Not at this stage of a contending window.
The only thing I said in reference to Broberg and value was that it's less than Jiricek which it is.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Oilers need someone that can step in soon for cap reasons. That’s Broberg, who’s currently dominating AHL competition. Broberg with his elite skating and size package is a guaranteed NHLer for many years to come. Maybe he’s a not as sexy as a name as Jiricek and doesn’t have the same ceiling. But he fits a better immediate need for the Oilers.

Jiricek meanwhile complains about not getting PP time he hasn’t earned and complains about being sent down to develop properly. That’s a head ache waiting to happen. Probably something the Oilers in their franchise cycle should avoid.
Which one requested a trade?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've already tried this and got mocked.lol. Then i sif bro and Xavier... Still a no.

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
The Oilers have 3 clear vet LHD ahead of him on the depth chart. (Ekholm, Nurse, Kulak) I wouldn't say its his fault. He hasn't been given opportunity, and when he has its been at his offside. Broberg is an absolute horse in the AHL right now, leading the Condors to an extremely good record in their past 15 games playing 25+ min a night. 16 points and +14 in 24 games playing in all situations.

If the price is WAY more than Broberg, the Oilers have no interest.
The price would be definitely more than Broberg.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ftr... I love jiricek but he is not a good oilers target. He needs pp time and bouch is getting all of it. Bouch would block jiricek just like Barrie blocked bouch. Unless the plan is to trade bouch before his payday which I hope it isn't

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
That was the report that was denied a day later by Holland and agent. Once clarified, it was an issue of ice time and watching Broberg bench warm instead of play. Once Broberg was finally sent down to get minutes, that issue resolved itself.
Oh okay, I'd still rather have the guy that's 2.5 years younger and feels like he should be in the NHL over the guy that is "happy getting ice time in the AHL"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad