Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat Stars in OT, 1-0 -- Koskinen, Klefbom the heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Spooner fan here. I take it the Spooner on first line thing didn't work out well? How has he looked? He was very effective playing with Debrusk/Krejci not sure wtf has happened to him. His confidence?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't think Todd is a "bad" coach per se. Eakins was a bad coach. Todd is an average coach.

Hitchcock is one of the smarter coaches in the league, you don't have the 3rd or 4th most wins in history by accident. That said, he's going to have to pull every trick out of his book to make it work with this roster.

Well he is defense minded so hopefully this rubs of on the Oilers. I agree with ya on Todd and EAkins. I never hated a coach like I hated Eakins. I wonder if you throat punched Eakins would it change the sound of that whiney voice?
I had a friend who played with Eakins for the Moncton Hawks in the AHL. He said after the games, Eakins would be under the coach's desk performing mouth to groin. My friend also played with Todd Nelson and said he was a great fella

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
"The review is inconclusive sir!"
BoilingImpressiveHummingbird-small.gif

I love it. I think these 2 fellas were measuring

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You come to this board to see exactly this thread title, and this post.

Without Draisaitl's ridiculous ability and burst of acceleration this isn't even an attempt. Drai blows by one defender to create the opening and then saucers a ltetter perfect pass nearly 100 ft for the winner.

Nice of Drai to create the winning goal twice in OT.

The finish was nice, but the play was uniquely Draisaitl.

Drai is a monster, that's all I can say. He is like a big diesel engine that just needs to be warmed up. How many times to you see him fend off checkers with 1 arm and control the puck and then fire a saucer pass to someone on the tape? I see it every game. For every fool that shot their mouth off about Drai, they should have to lick his jock straps after a game he played 30 mins. I'm sick of the BS of running a star outta town. We have too many Armchair GM's in Oilernation who flip flop more then Kaitlyn Jenner. I would still like to have a public hanging on those punks who called out McJesus and his family at the restaurant. People, we are only a couple of points out with 2 games in hand. Enjoy the ride and step back from the ledge ffs

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Spooner fan here. I take it the Spooner on first line thing didn't work out well? How has he looked? He was very effective playing with Debrusk/Krejci not sure wtf has happened to him. His confidence?

Kinda finding his niche I think. You have to score 10 points in your first game sometimes to be accepted

Reactions: North

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Spooner looks like a player that has 2pts one third of the way into a season..

he makes two plays a night that are even noticeable, positively. There are more times where you not his presence being an on ice deficit if not the team being short handed with him half assing it.

So essentially the same player that the Boston Bruins and NY Rangers figured he was. A liability.

He's -6 here, zero pts in limited ice time in 6GP.

Spectacular failure.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
You come to this board to see exactly this thread title, and this post.

Without Draisaitl's ridiculous ability and burst of acceleration this isn't even an attempt. Drai blows by one defender to create the opening and then saucers a ltetter perfect pass nearly 100 ft for the winner.

Nice of Drai to create the winning goal twice in OT.

The finish was nice, but the play was uniquely Draisaitl.

It's funny to watch the replay of that goal, Louie goes "[...] with a beautiful pass from Conn...uh...Leon Draisaitl"

That play was so good he thought it was McDavid at first haha.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's funny to watch the replay of that goal, Louie goes "[...] with a beautiful pass from Conn...uh...Leon Draisaitl"

That play was so good he thought it was McDavid at first haha.

haha, in the initial call they didn't mention Drai. So it was two strikes.

Two earlier times in the same game Connor turns the puck over and the announcers say it was Draisaitl. Its almost funny sometimes.

In another sequence Drai feeds the slot and its the Connor clone as well making the pass.

Theres been plays this season when Connor passed the puck to Connor.

Kevin Quinn is special..

Reactions: Oilhawks and Zaddy

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Koskinen getting more and more comfortable every game. Would love to see a 10 game roll. Been saying that since the beginning on Nov though :(

Even his rebound control has improved.

The sooner we trade or waive Talbot the better chance we have making the playoffs.

Is it ever a nice feeling watching the game not wondering if the next shot will go in.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Soccers' Goal line technology. Although expensive, probably kills most goal line controversies. They've been implementing it into major leagues and tourtneys last few years now. Tennis' hawkeye tech could also work too.

All this tech is available for the league but they continue to sit on their asses and not fix it. Enough of these blind ass calls from the situation room.
Makes me wonder if the reason they use this lousy equipment is they enjoy having control of the outcome of games and are reluctant to give it up.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Makes me wonder if the reason they use this lousy equipment is they enjoy having control of the outcome of games and are reluctant to give it up.

yeah then the refs would whine about the calls being taken away from them. Sorry ref! A robot is just better than you!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Koskinen getting more and more comfortable every game. Would love to see a 10 game roll. Been saying that since the beginning on Nov though :(

Even his rebound control has improved.

The sooner we trade or waive Talbot the better chance we have making the playoffs.

Is it ever a nice feeling watching the game not wondering if the next shot will go in.

The rebound control is something he’s really improved on since the Calgary game. It’s like each game he makes a small adjustment to improve.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I was just waiting for Benn to make the pass to Seguin and ruin everything. I think he realized how open he was afterwards, was smiling at the big screen.

There was only 2 seconds left when he got the puck, if he passed to Seguin the clock could have run out by the time Seguin put it in the net.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
The league needs to start publicly naming who is making the calls in Toronto.

How on earth can they call Mcdavid’s goal a no goal? I would like to know the name of the idiot who made the decision in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad