Post-Game Talk: Oilers beat Stars in OT, 1-0 -- Koskinen, Klefbom the heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The point here was that someone suggested that Drai being no better than a complimentary player is ok because that's all Kessel is, which I think is a misread of Kessel's pre-Penguins career. But even if you accept that premise, Drai being a mere complimentary player to McDavid poses a problem for a team that lacks any scoring depth beyond those two.

OK, that's fair. I think both players are better than complimentary pieces. Draisaitl hasn't gotten even as much to work with as Toronto Kessel - though as you say, JVR, Lupul, Bozak benefitted more from him than vice versa. I'd kill to have even one of those guys to work with Drai on line 2.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
2017/2018

Kessel : 34 goals, 58 assists, 92 points, lost in second round
Draisaitl: 25 goals, 45 assists, 70 points, missed playoffs

Yeah, I'm right. No need to thank me.
Since my original post referenced his current role, I don't see why this is relevant. If Draisaitl can be to McDavid as Kessel is to Malkin, that role has value.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I don't think clutch player is a real thing and even if it were, there's not really enough of a sample to say if Drai is one or not.

I'd say with his performance in overtime and the playoffs, its trending that way.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I've never attacked his character. Not once.

Saying "he quit on Koskinen and left him hanging" is not a character attack.

Drivesaitl's constant libel of Yamamoto's character goes unnoticed though. Good to know.

When has Drive ever said anything about yams character? He's said he's small and ineffective. Thats purely an on ice critique.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Aerrol

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think clutch player is a real thing and even if it were, there's not really enough of a sample to say if Drai is one or not.

Throughout all the sports, most experts agree clutch isn't a thing.

It's a sweet band, but there's no evidence of the existence of a clutch player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I will be keeping this thread closed, that's 2 threads in the last few days that have turned into complete ****shows and have been closed. If you take issue with a poster or their posts then report it. If you have a really big beef with a particular player take it to the player's player discussion thread if it starts to derail the current non player discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->