Dreger: Oilers and Sens were close to a Hall for Ceci deal before it fell through (Hall ended up in NJ)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Chia is an idiot with his major trades but Dreger is also incredibly unreliable.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
A monster package of question marks. I think Colorado did okay in the Duchene deal, but its pretty hard to compare two trades when one netted a 2/3 shutdown defenseman, and one netted a pile of prospects and picks.
Girard is a prospect agewise but he already plays in NHL and can only get better and better. Gorgeous upside. 7 pieces all in all, 5 of the are gonna end up in NHL, 3 of them as good or higher potential than Larsson. Of course Larsson is ahead as of right now but my point was Chiarelli could have shot even bigger hole in his trader partners assets by playing the waiting game longer and demanding Hall esque dman back. Someone with a good 2way play and offensive gifts.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Why do you say that? Go to the Oilers forums and read the Hall for Larsson trade thread... do you think we were all out celebrating in the streets?

Here's the thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/edm-njd-taylor-hall-for-adam-larsson-mod-warning-191.2098759/

Basically shows that your just making **** up and posting stuff bashing oilers fans for no reason

I don't make this up. Based on your overreaction I am not going to comb HF and quote every discussion I had about Hall/Larsson. Instead I shall just watch you overreact.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Exactly. Dreger's such a hack that he couldn't even complete the trifecta:

"Chiarelli really needed a shakeup after failing to land a generational player in Auston Matthews at the draft"

Edit:

I'm still super curious to hear about this over PM if you're willing.
Same here.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You can click his tag on the main page, and it shows all the Threads that have been created due to news he's broke:
That involves:

3 Way trade between Ott/Col/Nash involving Duchene has fallen through

Devils leaning towards taking Nico Hischier Friday

Islanders and Avalanche lead Eberle sweepstakes

Hammer more likely to be moved then Seabrook

Eberle has probably played last game for Oilers

Rangers "zeroing in" on Brendan Smith

That's on the first page alone, obviously he isn't perfect, no insider really is. But to the people who think he is on Eklunds level and just throws **** at the wall are very wrong. Even if he's wrong I have no problem with him throwing some stuff he's heard out there that probably won't happen. It's fun to discuss, and makes a league that doesn't have lots of movement a little less boring.

I don't care enough to really turn this into a back and forth, but he didn't break most of these. It's not my mission here to "turn" people against Darren Dreger, I was merely saying any fan should take whatever he has to say with a massive grain of salt.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
People believe Dreger? Dude has no sources and hasn't been at the front of any rumours in years.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The HF hivemind in full effect regarding Ceci in this thread. It is amazing to watch.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Girard is a prospect agewise but he already plays in NHL and can only get better and better. Gorgeous upside. 7 pieces all in all, 5 of the are gonna end up in NHL, 3 of them as good or higher potential than Larsson. Of course Larsson is ahead as of right now but my point was Chiarelli could have shot even bigger hole in his trader partners assets by playing the waiting game longer and demanding Hall esque dman back. Someone with a good 2way play and offensive gifts.
Well that is possibly false because Chiarelli was probably shopping Hall around for a long time. He also wanted to get Hall off of the books so he could sign his replacement as free agency opened without going over the cap. He likely would have had even worse offers had he signed Lucic and then tried to move Hall, as everyone would then know for sure that Chia HAD to move Hall for a defenseman.

I like Girard by the way, I agree that he is a great piece. But he could very well be the only thing of substance that Colorado got in that trade.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Garrioch reported a few days ago that there haven't been a lot of calls on Cody Ceci.

Any chance this leak is a deliberate favour to the Sens organization? An attempt to pump Ceci up by making it clear that at one point he almost returned a player as great as Taylor Hall?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Garrioch reported a few days ago that there haven't been a lot of calls on Cody Ceci.

Any chance this leak is a deliberate favour to the Sens organization? An attempt to pump Ceci up by making it clear that at one point he almost returned a player as great as Taylor Hall?
I can't imagine that would really change anyone's opinion on what Ceci is worth. Most people around the league should know that he doesn't have a lot of value.

Reactions: Consultant

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1