Dreger: Oilers and Sens were close to a Hall for Ceci deal before it fell through (Hall ended up in NJ)

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Give me a break hack journalism at its best right here.
and yet still substantially inferior to the caliber of player Taylor Hall is.

Hall shouldve fetched someone like Parako or Trouba
It's hilarious if you look at the majority of posts before the trade happened and everyone on HF was telling Oilers fans how they would never get a true number 1 for a winger. Deal happens. Same posters come in and say how the Oilers got robbed and how they should have got a real number 1 for Hall.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
1. Larsson wasn't offered at the time and once he was Chia jumped on it
2. Chia used Ceci to get Larsson out of NJD
none of this is true. Chia was was trying to trade RNH for Larsson and Ray held firm saying he would only take Hall if we gave them Larsson. Larsson quite frankly wasn't on the trade block, Chia approached Ray. The deal actually took quite awhile to complete because Ray wouldn't budge on Hall.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Give me a break hack journalism at its best right here.

It's hilarious if you look at the majority of posts before the trade happened and everyone on HF was telling Oilers fans how they would never get a true number 1 for a winger. Deal happens. Same posters come in and say how the Oilers got robbed and how they should have got a real number 1 for Hall.

The problem is posters pigeonholing players into the same category. Would Ovechkin, a winger have fetched a 'true number 1' if traded?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mind bloggling how low Chiarelli's in house assessment and valuation of Taylor Hall was. Desperation is one thing, but it's like they got him confused with Jordan Eberle or something.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dregs knows less than my armpit these days. Screw you Dregs with your phony hits pieces.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
none of this is true. Chia was was trying to trade RNH for Larsson and Ray held firm saying he would only take Hall if we gave them Larsson. Larsson quite frankly wasn't on the trade block, Chia approached Ray. The deal actually took quite awhile to complete because Ray wouldn't budge on Hall.
I think it actually likely started with Eberle for Larsson discussion, and Ray wouldn't budge their either. Eberle? No? How about Nuge? No? Has to be Hall? Okay then.

Regardless, Chiarelli HAD to trade for a shutdown defenseman that summer. Or sign one, but there weren't any good options out their via free agency.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
and yet still substantially inferior to the caliber of player Taylor Hall is.

Hall shouldve fetched someone like Parako or Trouba
Do you know what separates Larsson from Trouba right now? Trouba's perceived growth potential mostly. A Parayko type wasn't going to be on the market for Hall, unless it was literally a just drafted Parayko who hadn't showed that he could play in the NHL, and if anyone expected Parayko to be as good as he is, he would have been drafted higher.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm an Ottawa fan but Cody Ceci for Taylor Hall straight up would have been absolute and total robbery. Wish it would have happened.
I am still pissed that Snow rejected a Hamonic+ small add on for Hall, only to trade Hamonic a yr later for a 1st + two 2nds.

Always interesting to read about trades that fell thru

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I am really starting to think that our (Edmonton's, GM) has to be the most talked person on HF form and THANK CHRIST THE MODS PUT A THREAD BAND ON TALKING ABOUT HIM IN OUR TRADE POSTS....amazing that our GM was a runner-up for an award last year for Gm of the year and has won a cup and yet to the HF GM'S on this site say he is nothing but a p.o.s , funny how that works

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hall REALLY must've done something to get himself traded. If you're getting traded for less than your value, you know there's a reason behind it that's not just hockey related.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hall REALLY must've done something to get himself traded. If you're getting traded for less than your value, you know there's a reason behind it that's not just hockey related.
Rumor has it that he was bad in the locker room or something, maybe Edmonton fans can clue us in a bit more on that as i'm too lazy to go searching. All I know is that we love love love him in New Jersey. His speed and attacking style through the neutral zone fit our transition attacking system to a T. He is having a great year and has potential to be our future captain after Greene is gone. A fantastic trade by Ray.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->