Dreger: Oilers and Sens were close to a Hall for Ceci deal before it fell through (Hall ended up in NJ)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
dreger mentioned it today. Obviously it means nothing since it Never happened. Always interesting to see deals that didn't happen but were close. Would that have been a fair deal?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Yeah, I'm not a Chia supporter but I don't believe this is true. Borderline deliberate sabotage.

This should be a fun thread anyway.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
1. Larsson wasn't offered at the time and once he was Chia jumped on it
2. Chia used Ceci to get Larsson out of NJD

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
As fun as it is to rip on Chia, I'm sure every GM has had deals that have almost gone through that'd have fanbases react negatively.

1. Larsson wasn't offered at the time and once he was Chia jumped on it
2. Chia used Ceci to get Larsson out of NJD

Source?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh my God! I've never been one to jump on Chia because the players he's traded (especially Seguin) were never going to bring back equal value. But f***ing Ceci??? For Taylor Hall??

Wow

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm an Ottawa fan but Cody Ceci for Taylor Hall straight up would have been absolute and total robbery. Wish it would have happened.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I can't get into it here because of the rules of the site, but I would put zero stock into this "report." Take *anything* that Darren Dreger says with a massive grain of salt. I personally (and with very good reason) don't believe a single word he says. His "connections" are dubious at best and within the industry he has a very well earned reputation for being a stooge for agents and management in terms of parroting whatever he's told for whatever reasons they want.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I can't get into it here because of the rules of the site, but I would put zero stock into this "report." Take *anything* that Darren Dreger says with a massive grain of salt. I personally (and with very good reason) don't believe a single word he says. His "connections" are dubious at best and within the industry he has a very well earned reputation for being a stooge for agents and management in terms of parroting whatever he's told for whatever reasons they want.
Apparently he's already backpeddling on this "rumour". The guy is a clown.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
We're all laughing at Ceci for the trade now but before it was Larsson everyone on the trade boards was demanding Subban/OEL/Weber types. That said this would have been extra horrible.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Melnyk would have said no anyway

He's not trading one player for another where the acquiring player is making roughly $3 mil more in salary per year

Let's be honest

Reactions: THall4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad