Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Kings 2

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
how long do you guys think it normally takes a new coach to get a feel for what he has in his players? 5-10 games?

Hitchock is on record saying it would take 8-9 games to implement his systems so I'd imagine it would be the same amount of time for getting a feel for the players

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
You don't think that the called back goal he allowed wasn't just a terrible goal to let in?

Also when he got caught out of his net, it was only a diving play by one of the defencemen that saved a sure goal.

Definitely some shaky moments tonight.

I don't see how anyone could watch that game and not come away with the impression that Koskinen was shaky at times.

Name 1 good goalie in the league that doesn't get lucky sometimes? Were those Breakaway saves lucky? I'll tell you right now Talbot let's at least one of those in and probably both. When Koskinen plays the team wins more often than not. He has been a lot more solid than shaky in an Oilers uniform.

Reactions: harpoon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Name 1 good goalie in the league that doesn't get lucky sometimes? Were those Breakaway saves lucky? I'll tell you right now Talbot let's at least one of those in and probably both. When Koskinen plays the team wins more often than not. He has been a lot more solid than shaky in an Oilers uniform.
Quick stopped a goal with the knob on his stick yesterday. I'd assume that's luck too.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's amazing how well the PP looks when they just let McDavid back everyone off on the rush. Even earlier in the year I noticed that our PP is very effective when we have McDavid attacking like that.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Quick stopped a goal with the knob on his stick yesterday. I'd assume that's luck too.

No that's all skill for sure! I just love how after wins there are still guys that come here to post how shaky and lucky Koskinen is.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Just watched the highlights. Both of nuge's assist were exactly the same. I love it, nifty little pass to set up the one timer

Klefbom told Swe papers that it was a play they had worked on in practice lately.
Great to see it work out so well this time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Klefbom told Swe papers that it was a play they had worked on in practice lately.
Great to see it work out so well this time.
I wonder if Klef can start talking to Canadian Papers :laugh:

Seems to give a lot of insight. Where as most people don't say anything over here.

Reactions: TB12 and harpoon

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't see how anyone could watch that game and not come away with the impression that Koskinen was shaky at times.
We saw it. I think most people are trying to focus on the massive saves he made (again) and the two points he banked (again).
You can actually see him doing it sometimes if you remember to look for it. I like it.
You can also see him slam the blade of his stick into the webbing on his catcher when he squares up to the net after making a scramble save.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
If Hitch can coach up guys like Chiasson and others to be better net front presences
Respectfully, not sure how Chiasson could be doing ‘better’ as a net front presence. This guy is getting his stick on everything that comes his way. Even the really tricky pucks he’s managing to find and somehow get to the net. And he’s making good shots too. As eye popping as his goal total is right now, Chiasson could easily have a couple more had he not been robbed by Khudobin and Quick in the last two games alone.

Teach Lucic and RNH and Khaira and Caggiula to be better net front presence ... that’s understandable. I was personally thinking Hitch should get some of those guys to watch tape of Chiasson as part of their lessons. Best value player on the team right now ainec.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I wonder if Klef can start talking to Canadian Papers :laugh:

Seems to give a lot of insight. Where as most people don't say anything over here.
:laugh:

I think Swedes more or less consider this contact with Swe journalists to be more personal than contact with media where they play.

Ah, he also said that they, D, played pretty poorly this game but that things are improving.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
A quick comment: Quick is a weasel nearly on the level of Mike Smith. Skating down Khaira after the whistle, skating down Caggiula after his hit on Doughty (during the play, no less--I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie motion to leave his net to puff his chest at another player while the game was still in play), staring down Lucic, . . . .

As a goalie, I find this behavior shameful. Quick's got nothing going; what does he think he's going to do, other than force his players to fight for him. It's analogous to the little playground punk who picks fights with other kids knowing that his buddies will have to step in to fight for him. What a tough guy, Quick is. Straight grease.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
You can actually see him doing it sometimes if you remember to look for it. I like it.

Yeah I noticed it after the first time he was in net. I like to think of it as his war cry to the opposition; like a big "bring it on mother *uckers!"

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
The refs weren't happy. Actually they caught footage of one of the refs after the game.

d1b37aebe6_1529055690_En-natuurlijk-je-kleine-teen-stoten-meubilair-slopen.gif

I'm not surprised, Bettman's going to chew them out for screwing up a precious California game.
"You two clowns realize you were supposed to make the Kings win, right? Next time I want more phantom calls! and that puck WASN'T offside!!!"

Reactions: McDrai

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
:laugh:

I think Swedes more or less consider this contact with Swe journalists to be more personal than contact with media where they play.

Ah, he also said that they, D, played pretty poorly this game but that things are improving.
Well I look forward to your updates after every game.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That **** Brown should be suspended for trying to hurt McD, of course never gonna happen

I'm surprised no one else has been commenting (granted I didn't go through the GDT). The replay on that made it clear to me that he was trying to break Connor's arm as they were falling.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A quick comment: Quick is a weasel nearly on the level of Mike Smith. Skating down Khaira after the whistle, skating down Caggiula after his hit on Doughty (during the play, no less--I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie motion to leave his net to puff his chest at another player while the game was still in play), staring down Lucic, . . . .

As a goalie, I find this behavior shameful. Quick's got nothing going; what does he think he's going to do, other than force his players to fight for him. It's analogous to the little playground punk who picks fights with other kids knowing that his buddies will have to step in to fight for him. What a tough guy, Quick is. Straight grease.

Nothing wrong with it. Good goalies tend to be cocky.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The poor baby. Probably mad he lost his 1st PP unit spot. He should lift his NMC and ask for a trade.
I thought Lucic was OK last night. :dunno: Are we really going to keep on singling players out based on body language and mind reading? On the night of a big win no less? Talk about beating the ultimate dead horse.

Maybe we need to ask the mods to make a special thread in which to confine the Lucic complainers. I mean theres precedent for that now.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Respectfully, not sure how Chiasson could be doing ‘better’ as a net front presence. This guy is getting his stick on everything that comes his way. Even the really tricky pucks he’s managing to find and somehow get to the net. And he’s making good shots too. As eye popping as his goal total is right now, Chiasson could easily have a couple more had he not been robbed by Khudobin and Quick in the last two games alone.

Teach Lucic and RNH and Khaira and Caggiula to be better net front presence ... that’s understandable. I was personally thinking Hitch should get some of those guys to watch tape of Chiasson as part of their lessons. Best value player on the team right now ainec.

True. I meant coach other guys to better like Chiasson. He's been great net front. Smyth 2.0?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad