Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Rangers 1 - Victory!!!!!!!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We win?

We win!

Definitely a better effort than the first two games, even if the Rangers seem not very good.

Still need to shake the habit of not having scored a goal without Connor involved and the D still can't handle a forecheck to save their lives.

But...
Talbot really good.
Connor really good.
Finally generated some offensive chances.
The Oilers were better against Boston than they were here.

We barely get the W today, needing every bit of help and luck and 3 goal posts saving us and Talbot. Stinky performance against a weak rangers lineup.

Take the 2 pts and get out of dodge.

Reactions: The Batman

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I can't find the exact quote but Stauffer said during the last preseason game vs Calgary that Yamamoto looks little better when he's the driver on his line.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No need to be this ignorant. Yamamoto has tons of skill.

Sure. And if his above average skill level was put into a 6'2" body he'd be a lock in the NHL. But without that body he's going to need a lot more skill than he has (IMO).

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can't find the exact quote but Stauffer said during the last preseason game vs Calgary that Yamamoto looks little better when he's the driver on his line.

He did say this. And I disagree wholeheartedly, how much line driving can a player do that can't keep possession of the puck because he gets shoved off so easily.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Solid McDavid victory... on to the next McDavid game where hopefully McDavid can pull out the 2nd McDavid win of the year.

Soon McDavid will have McDavid at .500 on the season.

I think there's still a long shot chance that McDavid can get McDavid into a wildcard spot.

All depends on McDavid.

The Edmonton McDavids head into Winnipeg to take on the Winnipeg Jets next on Sportsnet.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Wow, the Oilers looked great today!

Definitely think you guys can make a push for the Cup this year if you continue to dominate.

With McDavid doing his thing and Talbot standing on his head the sky is the limit for this team.
Relax. Stop talking like this please

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Glad we won but sad we still have Todd behind the bench :(

Puju needs to step up, second game in a row he hasn’t been that good. Thought he had his moments but needs to just let loose and play with some confidence.

Benning can gtfo, our D was way better without him in the lineup.

I still don’t like Lucic and Drai together. Not going to rip on Lucic because I don’t think he played well but at least he was physical at times. I just think he needs to play with a player who plays a more simple game and he can keep up with speed and skill wise (Strome).

Why the coaching staff won’t try Rieder or Puju with Drai for an extended period of time baffles me.

Either way, glad we won #firetodd

Reactions: OilDrop37

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid was on all goals we scored so far this season, right? That can't be a good statistic.

Pretty much just like the last 2 seasons. I don't know why Oilers fans can be surprised if this season is bunk again. It's the same shit lineup and we'll probably get the same shit result.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Tenaciousness is not enough to be an NHLer unfortunately. It's why Liam Reddox was never a regular. Tell me about Yamo when he actually produces something that looks dangerous against an NHL team.

I agree. Unfortunately we're so dire on the RW. Rattie injured or just ineffective. Puljujarvi paying rent in the McLellan doghouse. I'd move tenacious Yamamoto to the bottom-6 and if he can't tip the scales, he should go down to Bakersfield and build what Bear, Benson, Jones, Marody and crew have going on there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tenaciousness is not enough to be an NHLer unfortunately. It's why Liam Reddox was never a regular. Tell me about Yamo when he actually produces something that looks dangerous against an NHL team.

Absolutely. 12 real games so far and nothing. Had a good first period and that was about it. The 3rd period penalty call was a joke. No way that was a penalty.

But heres a typical Yama play. 5 mins into the game, Drai wins faceoff, Oilers break out, get the puck to Yama in offensive end, and he gets converged on and the puck is headed back our way. That play right there is happening half a dozen times a game and why he can't be on a NHL topsix.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Someone earlier suggested throwing McDavid out with the leftovers and spreading scoring out, and I'm starting to really agree with that.

Reider McDavid rattie
Nuge drai yam
Lucic Strome JP
Khaira Brodziak cagguila

Maybe move JP up and sent yam to the AHL for a bit, throw cagguila on the third line and put chiason in.

Reactions: harpoon

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Still fire Todd though. Send him off on a high note.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, MR. MCLELLAN

giphy.gif

DeadDimCatfish

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
That might be true, but he's definitely not ready to drive an NHL line. Let's meet him drive the first line in the AHL for a bit imo

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid was on all goals we scored so far this season, right? That can't be a good statistic.

Honestly, how does anyone in the NHL score without McDavid on the ice? You'd never know watching this team. Ottawa just scored 4 against LA. Trash teams and players are popping pucks in all the time if you look away from this team.

Reactions: McDaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad