GDT: OIL vs AVS (7:00PM/SNW)

McDeathbyCheerios*

That was a pathetic game from Nuge. Totally responsible for the GA tonight in the category of W T F was he doing.

Nuge made misplay after misplay tonight, had zero jump, and no sync wither either Hall or Eberle tonight. The only time the line got it going at all tonight was with Eberle and Hall playing catch.

I can't think of one good play Nuge made tonight in his 23mins of play. Not one.

Anybody?
He made a few good plays in the corner and was actually looking a little physical. Eberle and Hall were all over the place and Nuge looked like he was trying to play for both of them.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That was a pathetic game from Nuge. Totally responsible for the GA tonight in the category of W T F was he doing.

Nuge made misplay after misplay tonight, had zero jump, and no sync wither either Hall or Eberle tonight. The only time the line got it going at all tonight was with Eberle and Hall playing catch.

I can't think of one good play Nuge made tonight in his 23mins of play. Not one.

Anybody?
Wow guess we watched different games. He was in beast mode tonight playing physical, tenacious and checking like a demon in every zone.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I was extremely positive about this team until last year. There's nothing to be positive about. 21 losses in 23 games now is it?

I mean that second period was just godawful. To their credit they woke up in the third but you know if that was a quality opponent like Chicago or Anaheim the game would've been over before they had a chance to tie it in the third.

You mean a team mightn't be able to beat Chicago or Anaheim if they were a goal down going into the third? I'm shocked.

In my opinion Eakins was a huge problem, so yes I am feeling positive from here on in.

If you cheer for the team to lose, why bother.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Wow guess we watched different games. He was in beast mode tonight playing physical, tenacious and checking like a demon in every zone.

So he's a checker now. A plumber. The guy didn't make a play all night, didn't make a good rush all night. We're paying him 6M bucks to be a ***** version of Matt Hendricks?

There was no skill exhibited all night by Nuge. I don't think he made one play of note.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Maybe he's hurt. Part of me thinks he just doesn't give a **** anymore, and where he goes, the Oilers go.

As someone else pointed out, he was falling a lot (more than normal heheh) and zero speed. I'm not sure if Hall can mail it in.

I just wished they would sit him if he's not 100%

McDeathbyCheerios*

You mean a team mightn't be able to beat Chicago or Anaheim if they were a goal down going into the third? I'm shocked.

In my opinion Eakins was a huge problem, so yes I am feeling positive from here on in.

Cheering for a team to lose is like looking at your exs Facebook. Nothing good will come from it so why do it

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He made a few good plays in the corner and was actually looking a little physical. Eberle and Hall were all over the place and Nuge looked like he was trying to play for both of them.

Nuge looked like he was invisible. Like I said didn't have any sync with his linemates tonight whatsoever. I'm not sure he was involved with one good passing play all game. That's a problem, a real problem.

We don't need him to be Arcobello out there.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
So he's a checker now. A plumber. The guy didn't make a play all night, didn't make a good rush all night. We're paying him 6M bucks to be a ***** version of Matt Hendricks?

There was no skill exhibited all night by Nuge. I don't think he made one play of note.
No one made a good play tonight. At least one guy still looks like he gives a crap.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nuge has to check and grind. Half of the time Hall floats over to the right and him and Eberle wait for the puck so Nuge has to go get the puck.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

Anybody?

Id have to agree ith this assessment. The only player worse - much worse - was Hall. Brutal. Those two combined got paid about $160,000 tonight and that was the effort? RNH has to be way better than that, Hall has to just ******* show up.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I guess the next guy we need to trade Nuge cause a bunch of people think he is a ****** player. Let's trade Nuge for some random vet. Nuge for Briere? Anyone?
/sarcasm

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nuge looked like he was invisible. Like I said didn't have any sync with his linemates tonight whatsoever. I'm not sure he was involved with one good passing play all game. That's a problem, a real problem.

We don't need him to be Arcobello out there.
He had a few good attempted plays that vanished cause his linemates were out of position or on their ass. Only so much you can do.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

I'm saying if it were Chicago or Anaheim, they would've been down by more than a goal.

Eakins was a problem, but not the main one. As long as the three stooges run the show we're not going anywhere.

I'm not cheering for the team to lose, I'm hoping they'll do what's right and clean the org out.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm saying if it were Chicago or Anaheim, they would've been down by more than a goal.

Eakins was a problem, but not the main one. As long as the three stooges run the show we're not going anywhere.

I'm not cheering for the team to lose, I'm hoping they'll do what's right and clean the org out.
All of your posts just say how bad everyone is non stop. Even if something good happens you have something bad to say. You might need a break.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Wow, what a crappy game to watch. Dull, dull, dull. Both teams were pathetic.

At least they seem to be cutting down on the jaw droppingly stupid mistakes. There were only about 5 shockingly bad turn overs tonight. #oilerspositives.

Oh yes, Nikitin sucks.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So if they made 1 million, would you be happier?

Not sure if you noticed but the whole other team only scored one goal as well and it wasn't their top line?

How about someone else score a goal or are they entitled a free ride from the first line?

so free pass to the three guys making the most money then? Again. This post is an example of how blinded some have become to "Oh, we got three star players on the top line--it is everyones elses fault"--they are not making 1mil a year, they are not playing 13minutes a night--they are getting 6mill a year and playing close to 20+ minutes a night.

Eberle 21.5m Nuge 22.5 and hall 22 minutes tonight..but lets give them a free pass and blame the guys playing 13minutes--because we do not want hurt their feelings of the players getting 6 mill a year. Hall 2 shots on goal tonight, Eberle 2 as well--these two are supposed to be the goal scorers of the bunch.

This board puts the boots to Yakupov and his 13minutes of icetime every friggen night--but--Hall?? or he must be injured. Eberle? Everyone has an off night. Nuge the guy is just getting over powered--but every single mistake everyone else makes gets beaten to death every night

our best players need to be our best players and our best players just are not doing the job.

Perron stood up and did the "death by cop" statement-we all knew he was gone
Hendricks has now stood up and said their is a problem
Fraser-fresh of the boat says there is a problem

What is the problem?

Our Best players are not playing like our best players--but yet on most nights they get a free pass and most posters are blaming the guys playing 13/14 minutes a night---not the guys playing 20+ minutes

I have come to one conclusion--we were so desperate for star players with star player hype--that we are afraid to call them on it

For the past month the following statement has been mentioned several times by several posters in one form or another "Could you imagine our record without Hall?"

we have won 8 games this year. After 39 games we have 8 wins--at least we had 29 last year--which made us only the THIRD WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

4 teams have lost more games then we have won and they are top ten in the league.

We can blame Mact, we can blame lowe, we can blame katz--why are we not allowed to call out the guys making the most money and playing the most minutes? Usually that is where you need to start

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

how many minutes did Mact. Lowe and Katz play on the ice tonight? I do no see their names in the box scores

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So if they made 1 million, would you be happier?

Not sure if you noticed but the whole other team only scored one goal as well and it wasn't their top line?

How about someone else score a goal or are they entitled a free ride from the first line?

Our firstline composed of 3 supposed all star players earning a collective 18M didn't even have a serious scoring chance in the entire game. 6 Calgary flames currently have more pts than any of our "don't mind losing" illustrious first line to put our lack of production in perspective. We have a first line player on pace to get less than 50pts. While playing with two #1 draft picks in the world.

No execution tonight, no sync, no intensity. Line looked lost out there AND gave up the 1GA. That's about as bad as it gets for an NHL first line. Kept off the board AND you got owned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad