GDT: OIL vs AVS (7:00PM/SNW)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Extremely.

But I'm just apathetic. The team basically slept through 2 periods. They didn't deserve to win.

Every loss looks good on the goofs up top who have no idea how to run a hockey team.

Colorado is also incredibly bad. Can't believe that team won their division last year.

That was just a horrible hockey game :laugh: just brutal.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Extremely.

But I'm just apathetic. The team basically slept through 2 periods. They didn't deserve to win.

Every loss looks good on the goofs up top who have no idea how to run a hockey team.

And the Avalanche slept through the 3rd period but they deserved to win...right? The first period was even in shots.

The so called losing culture in the dressing room can't match the whining culture of some fans.

I have never seen you post a positive post, you constantly cry and moan. Why do you watch the team if you cheer for them to lose?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
that's what? 1 for 5 in the shootouts, now?

even in the shootout these guys defy the odds and are well below average.

are they at least mediocre at any single aspect of hockey?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
And the Avalanche slept through the 3rd period but they deserved to win...right? The first period was even in shots.

The so called losing culture in the dressing room can't match the whining culture of some fans.

I have never seen you post a positive post, you constantly cry and moan. Why do you watch the team if you cheer for them to lose?

In all fairness, there's hardly any positivity. Fans have good reasons to show apathetic attitude towards this franchise.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
don't you worry

we will blame the 3rd and 4th liners and not the guys who are getting paid 6mill each a year--heaven forbid the top line combine for more then 1 goal or in this case 1 pt a game

So if they made 1 million, would you be happier?

Not sure if you noticed but the whole other team only scored one goal as well and it wasn't their top line?

How about someone else score a goal or are they entitled a free ride from the first line?

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
In all fairness, there's hardly any positivity. Fans have good reasons to show apathetic attitude towards this franchise.

No question that fans should be pissed off, and apathetic does mean to cheer against or hope for loss.

We have looked way better since dumping Eakins and that is something to be positive about, but its the same old whining from a lot of people. The last 3 games we actually looked like a cohesive team.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Not sure if joking or not but to those who actually feel this way:

Shut up you cry baby losers, the only thing that can turn this around is wins. Not mcdavid, not eichel, not a big trade. Only wins will our woes and if we start getting them this year, so be it

i agree, tho a couple of good trades would help. but, i don't care about the next 18 year old. just start winning, feel the confidence, and remember what it's like to be good and how to hate losing.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
No question that fans should be pissed off.

We have looked way better since dumping Eakins and that is something to be positive about, but its the same old whining from a lot of people. The last 3 games we actually looked like a cohesive team.

Fans will ***** regardless, so meh.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Pathetic game from Taylor Hall tonight. Brilliant game from Nuge though. There's no question he is our best player at this point.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I didn't get to watch the entire game, but I think I counted three times where I was flabbergasted by Nikitin's stupidity. How can someone with such a low hockey IQ get himself a 4.5 m payday. It's truly baffling.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I didn't get to watch the entire game, but I think I counted three times where I was flabbergasted by Nikitin's stupidity. How can someone with such a low hockey IQ get himself a 4.5 m payday. It's truly baffling.

You play checkers with Scott Howson, if you beat him you get a contract.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Only watched the last 10 minutes + OT. Noticed the same thing.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
Pathetic game from Taylor Hall tonight. Brilliant game from Nuge though. There's no question he is our best player at this point.

Just got off work so I only saw the last 2 mins of regulation , OT and the SO but I can't believe how many times Hall fell down.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

I was extremely positive about this team until last year. There's nothing to be positive about. 21 losses in 23 games now is it?

I mean that second period was just godawful. To their credit they woke up in the third but you know if that was a quality opponent like Chicago or Anaheim the game would've been over before they had a chance to tie it in the third.

McDeathbyCheerios*

which means some fans will ***** about getting points, and not getting mceichel.
Damned if you do Damned if you don't. I'm trying to look at the positives.

Klefbom: Looks like a legit NHL defender and has a very calming presence on the ice. So much so they split up Fayne and Klefbom so we can have two decent pairings

Fayne: Great defender plays similar to Klefbom

Scrivens: Has looked very very poised the last few games and has definitely kept us in all of these games.

Fraser: Looks good for a bottom six player and shows the same kind of emotion Hendricks does, very nice to see.

Pouliot: He is a breath of fresh air in our top six and one of the only skilled guys with the balls to crash the net.

Roy: Man he makes some very simple good plays often and it's great compared to Arcobello style of do whatever.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Damned if you do Damned if you don't. I'm trying to look at the positives.

Klefbom: Looks like a legit NHL defender and has a very calming presence on the ice. So much so they split up Fayne and Klefbom so we can have two decent pairings

Fayne: Great defender plays similar to Klefbom

Scrivens: Has looked very very poised the last few games and has definitely kept us in all of these games.

Fraser: Looks good for a bottom six player and shows the same kind of emotion Hendricks does, very nice to see.

Pouliot: He is a breath of fresh air in our top six and one of the only skilled guys with the balls to crash the net.

Roy: Man he makes some very simple good plays often and it's great compared to Arcobello style of do whatever.

What about the bad? :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

That was a pathetic game from Nuge. Totally responsible for the GA tonight in the category of W T F was he doing.

Nuge made misplay after misplay tonight, had zero jump, and no sync wither either Hall or Eberle tonight. The only time the line got it going at all tonight was with Eberle and Hall playing catch.

I can't think of one good play Nuge made tonight in his 23mins of play. Not one.

Anybody?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad