OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Been listening to Neil Young's Homegrown. I could really do without 'Florida', but other than that it is classic Neil. That got me to thinking what if he released it in the 70's when he recorded it which got me to thinking he would have released these albums in a row:

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
After the Goldrush
Harvest
Time Fades Away
On the Beach
Homegrown
Tonight's the Night
Zuma

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but for my money, that's the best consecutive streak of albums in popular music. The only people to come close to it in my mind is the Beatles and they had 3 songwriters (sorry, Ringo).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Been listening to Neil Young's Homegrown. I could really do without 'Florida', but other than that it is classic Neil. That got me to thinking what if he released it in the 70's when he recorded it which got me to thinking he would have released these albums in a row:

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
After the Goldrush
Harvest
Time Fades Away
On the Beach
Homegrown
Tonight's the Night
Zuma

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but for my money, that's the best consecutive streak of albums in popular music. The only people to come close to it in my mind is the Beatles and they had 3 songwriters (sorry, Ringo).

woah...bold...Led Zep I-IV, Houses, Physical Graffiti? ..or Beggers Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street? ...or Dark Side, Wish you were Here, Animals, The Wall? ...or Trespass, Nursury Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England, Lamb Lies down?...Maybe Young Americans and Station to Station through Scary Monesters?....idk, after the gold rush and Harvest are two of my favorite albums but I think the others are a step down until Rust Never Sleeps...

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
woah...bold...Led Zep I-IV, Houses, Physical Graffiti? ..or Beggers Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street? ...or Dark Side, Wish you were Here, Animals, The Wall? ...or Trespass, Nursury Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England, Lamb Lies down?...Maybe Young Americans and Station to Station through Scary Monesters?....idk, after the gold rush and Harvest are two of my favorite albums but I think the others are a step down until Rust Never Sleeps...
Zeppelin is a fair point. I'd still take Neil because his style fits my tastes more, but I wouldn't argue against Zep.

Stones and Floyd that is only 4 albums. That's half of what I just listed from Neil.

I don't listen to Genesis, so no comment. I like a bunch of what Bowie did, but it's just not my taste in general.

Hard disagreement that those Neil albums are a step down from Harvest and After the Goldrush. On the Beach and TTN are my 2 favorite Neil albums and I'd take at least Zuma and Everybody Knows (and After the Goldrush) over Harvest which is saying something because Harvest is great.

I guess I like the looser, warts-and-all style more than the polished stuff.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What other records are up there for you?

I did it awhile ago and usually when I think "top ten records" I think that it is more albums I can consistently listen to without getting bored.

Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Cursive - Domestica
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone in Copper Tongue
Off Minor - In The Heat Death of the Universe
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes
Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Brian Eno - In Another Green World
Andrew Hill - Point of Departure
Pygmy Lush - Mount Hope

On the Beach would be in that grey area of the other 100 records I think should be on there.

Reactions: dogthateats

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I did it awhile ago and usually when I think "top ten records" I think that it is more albums I can consistently listen to without getting bored.

Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Cursive - Domestica
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone in Copper Tongue
Off Minor - In The Heat Death of the Universe
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes
Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Brian Eno - In Another Green World
Andrew Hill - Point of Departure
Pygmy Lush - Mount Hope

On the Beach would be in that grey area of the other 100 records I think should be on there.
The only pick I really know is Domestica, which I love. I just saw Cursive play an awesome show last year. I will have to check out some of your other picks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
From the things I never realized until flipping all the channels on XM radio file . . .

Dolly Parton did a remake of Stairway to Heaven.

:dunno:

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From the things I never realized until flipping all the channels on XM radio file . . .

Dolly Parton did a remake of Stairway to Heaven.

:dunno:

it’s like publishing your version of the Holy Bible...just, why?...

Reactions: KIRK

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

sat feet away from him as he performed in the rec room of a church in downtown Oakland a few years ago. i handed him a wooden finial that he dropped. yes, he was playing a finial (one of those knobs at the end of a bedpost) by dragging it across some strings. was so damn awesome.

Bzjy2ayIUAAITxz

Reactions: Factorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad