OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Out of that whole black metal scene, Fenriz is the only redeemable character. :laugh: And he's also really into lots of other music other than black metal, so, y'know.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't recall much of the burning down of churches, but more so the Mayhem story. The one about their lead singer killing himself, bandmates finding his body, leaving to buy a disposable camera, returning and taking a picture, grabbing some of his bones, making a necklace out of the bones, and making that picture an album cover.

That one's the headline grabber but there was a huge amount of other f***ed up shit going on. A lot of historical churches burnt, two murders of random gay guys, and a never ending game of who's actually a Nazi/other form of extreme bigot, who's flirting with it occasionally for shock value, and who's merely very comfy hanging out with the bigots. Most of them have disowned their worst statements but who knows how real that is?

I love the music. There's plenty of times I sympathise with the misanthropic statements. But man, there were and probably still are some real dicks involved.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
That one's the headline grabber but there was a huge amount of other f***ed up shit going on. A lot of historical churches burnt, two murders of random gay guys, and a never ending game of who's actually a Nazi/other form of extreme bigot, who's flirting with it occasionally for shock value, and who's merely very comfy hanging out with the bigots. Most of them have disowned their worst statements but who knows how real that is?

I love the music. There's plenty of times I sympathise with the misanthropic statements. But man, there were and probably still are some real dicks involved.

Being closely tied to the Alberta Black Metal scene, I can confirm they are the biggest dicks,

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
The Norwegian guys, or just black metal fans in general?

Of all the sub genres of band members I know here in Alberta, Black Metal band members are the biggest dicks. Half of the Black Metal fans are either to pretty to put up a fight or the other extreme of proving who is more brutal. The Norway situation is a bit of a mess because of who wanted to run the Black Metal show.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fits.

And man, Notveidt was f***ed in the head, but he couldn't half write a riff.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Out of all the metal subgenres, the doom/stoner crowd is mostly pretty okay IME. Personally, the only big name black metal peeps I know are in Krallice, and they were always pretty righteous people from when we used to hang, but that's been a long time, so I dunno.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Also, anyone else dig James Ferraro?

Also forgot that his new album is pretty great too:

These are the only Ferraros I listen to.

tumblr_osmfr1aqNj1spx4u4o1_640.jpg

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad