OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The Fall of Troy dropped a new album today, listening to it now. So far so good

edit: I liked this a lot. On par with their last album. I think this is my favorite song off the album.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Feel really weird about the Kozelek news. Really hate his new stuff, but his records have always held a deep place in my heart. I also think that is largely because he is someone that is flawed and from what I read I’m confused whether this is sexual assault or simply fan / artist worship gone wrong.

Ugh.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Feel really weird about the Kozelek news. Really hate his new stuff, but his records have always held a deep place in my heart. I also think that is largely because he is someone that is flawed and from what I read I’m confused whether this is sexual assault or simply fan / artist worship gone wrong.

Ugh.

Yeah, same. And kinda like Michael Gira too, where his songs have enough sketchy personal weirdness that it’s hard to not believe there might be something to the accusations.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It seems I am just discovering some great stuff. I was never a huge Pink Floyd fan growing up. I never really got them, to be honest. As I got older, I started to understand and appreciate them. I now consider them a band I like. However, I had never really heard the Animals album until recently. I started seeing people ranking their favorite Pink Floyd albums and putting Animals at the top. I was curious because I know Dark Side very well and I love The Wall a great deal now.

So, I took a listen to Animals. Mind blown. Seriously, it is just so damn good. Sometimes, I zone out from some of their longer songs. But not this album. It grips me and never lets me go. I now consider Pigs (Three Different Ones) my favorite Floyd song.

Now I am starting to get into Opeth. I thought they were a death metal band and I don't really like death metal. I can't get past the growls. So then I found out that they now sing and are more of a prog metal band. I listened to Sorceress and again, mind blown. Tremendous musicianship. I love it a lot.

Usually, I listen to blues but these days I find myself listening to more proggy stuff.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
It seems I am just discovering some great stuff. I was never a huge Pink Floyd fan growing up. I never really got them, to be honest. As I got older, I started to understand and appreciate them. I now consider them a band I like. However, I had never really heard the Animals album until recently. I started seeing people ranking their favorite Pink Floyd albums and putting Animals at the top. I was curious because I know Dark Side very well and I love The Wall a great deal now.

So, I took a listen to Animals. Mind blown. Seriously, it is just so damn good. Sometimes, I zone out from some of their longer songs. But not this album. It grips me and never lets me go. I now consider Pigs (Three Different Ones) my favorite Floyd song.

Now I am starting to get into Opeth. I thought they were a death metal band and I don't really like death metal. I can't get past the growls. So then I found out that they now sing and are more of a prog metal band. I listened to Sorceress and again, mind blown. Tremendous musicianship. I love it a lot.

Usually, I listen to blues but these days I find myself listening to more proggy stuff.

Huge Opeth fan, They started as a pure death metal band, evolved into a progressive death metal band, then evolved into a pure 70s era progressive rock band.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Go get Meddle. It’s the funnest Pink Floyd.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Given the shitty condition of the world I’ve decided that the only two albums I’ll listen to are Amplifer Worship and Dopesmoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->