OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I went to see them in Pittsburgh in 2018 and it was an incredible show... maybe one of the best I've ever been to. But outside of that I just haven't listened to much Radiohead the last like 10+ years. I just kinda burned myself on them in my 20s, I think. But I've been spinning their stuff again lately and man I gotta say... seems like good music for these days. I know they are almost a cliche for some people but damn this band informed a ton of my musical tastes growing up. And again... they are ridiculous live:

And just because I have to...

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The fact I still haven't seen Radiohead needs to be addressed.

It's been years since I've gone to a concert. Chvrches at the Egyptian Theatre back when they only had one album. I thought that when I moved to LA I would finally get to see all of the concerts I wanted to, but then LA prices kicked in and I'm a tightwad when it comes to stuff like concerts, $30 parking, and $17 beers.

I knocked a few of my bucket list bands off when I moved here like The Flaming Lips, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Rós, & Arcade Fire...but that's where my concert-going basically stopped. When the shows you want to see are going to cost you $200+ overall and even the ones you have mild interest in are gonna run $100...bah.

As for what I'm listening to right now...

Don't ask.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's been years since I've gone to a concert. Chvrches at the Egyptian Theatre back when they only had one album. I thought that when I moved to LA I would finally get to see all of the concerts I wanted to, but then LA prices kicked in and I'm a tightwad when it comes to stuff like concerts, $30 parking, and $17 beers.

I knocked a few of my bucket list bands off when I moved here like The Flaming Lips, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Rós, & Arcade Fire...but that's where my concert-going basically stopped. When the shows you want to see are going to cost you $200+ overall and even the ones you have mild interest in are gonna run $100...bah.

Don't ask.

Take an Uber and drink in line.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Don't ask.

Sampling numbers stations can be useful. I made a track years ago out of old Soviet numbers stations and radio broadcasts from the 1968 Invasion of Czechoslovakia. A bunch of Russian (I assume) accounts on Soundcloud tried to get it taken down because of copyright reasons. :laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can no longer remember what I've put in this thread or not, but I'm in a gothy mood so up this goes

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I love both of those albums too. I saw BOCC last year it was a great show. They did a Replacements cover and songs from both of their individual catalogues.

I'm absolutely loving Phoebe's album. It hasn't left my rotation since it came out. The new Bright Eyes is creeping up too, which surprised me because I DID NOT like the early versions of that band, let me tell you. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sampling numbers stations can be useful. I made a track years ago out of old Soviet numbers stations and radio broadcasts from the 1968 Invasion of Czechoslovakia. A bunch of Russian (I assume) accounts on Soundcloud tried to get it taken down because of copyright reasons. :laugh:

Speaking of copyright issues with numbers station recordings...

Wilco's magnum opus just couldn't catch a break between their label refusing to release one of the era's best albums and being sued over stealing a recording of a numbers station (settled out of court). That's far from the only sample from The Conet Project from bands that shaped my taste. Listening to The Conet Project on Spotify has been extremely weird considering how many of them I recognize from somewhere else.

There's just something so magically creepy about numbers stations, even if there's little to no mystery behind them anymore.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I'm absolutely loving Phoebe's album. It hasn't left my rotation since it came out. The new Bright Eyes is creeping up too, which surprised me because I DID NOT like the early versions of that band, let me tell you. :laugh:
Haha, I can see how that is possible. I like it all, except like Commander Venus bc I don't like listening to little kids sing. Did you listen to Ruminations? It's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->