GDT: Oh Look, You Again. YAWN! - Craps @ 19:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't mind seeing the Caps and isles this much. Maybe it'll finally make Sullivan realize how to game plan against them regularly so when the playoff rolls around they don't beat us.

Reactions: Trade

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
:laugh: I honestly didn't know until I googled. I have heard the name before.

I also think it's a weak chirp if someone calls a hockey player a girls name. Some of my favorite fighters of all time (Gina, Ronda, Cyborg) would kick the living shit out of 90% of the NHL fellas. I think calling someone 4 eyes is a stronger chirp and that's still bottom of the barrel.

I wish people heard some of the really funny chirps on the ice. It's so creative. Like... it's not anywhere close to bro stuff. The great chirpers of the game are masterful. It's like an art piece. They say such off the wall stuff that you can't help but want to attack them every shift. Then the fools that just say swear words or fall for the generic chirps look silly.
or it goes the other way and you start laughing so hard you forget about the game.

Reactions: ColePens

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Our lineup is going to look like crap tonight without Zucker. Doc, Sceviour, Lafferty and Jank will all play, I assume?

VastFoolishDrongo-max-1mb.gif

You're such a ray of sunshine.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would legit f***ing kill to have @Honour Over Glory as my d partner. We would shit talk people's suits during the game. It would be the funniest shit ever. I'm not joking. D zone scrums and post whistle would be like a comedy zone.

Reactions: KIRK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I haven’t cared about wrestling since the ECW days, but it’s whatever you enjoy. I used to watch all the sports but now it’s only hockey.

I don't watch the new wrestling ventures because even though you knew they were fake back in the early 2000's they were highly entertaining. All this new stuff is just puke worthy. They try way too hard when it's a simple concept.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Despite the Pens trending upward in a lot of good areas I'm not feeling great about this one. On the road, injuries, probably not going 5-1 on the Caps. Still, quite a few topics to watch for: powerplay, Friedman, ZAR, and Jarry.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
This year has taught me one thing- we need to go back to old divisions and schedules. @Islanders, (H) Islanders, (H)Islanders, @Islanders, @Capitals, (H) Capitals....

ugh...

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I don't watch the new wrestling ventures because even though you knew they were fake back in the early 2000's they were highly entertaining. All this new stuff is just puke worthy. They try way too hard when it's a simple concept.
I’ll have to take your word on that. The only thing wrestling related I’ve watched recently was the Darkside Of The Ring series.

Reactions: The Sodfather

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK i need your assistance here. Explain to our good friend. :laugh:

Honestly I don't. If i'm at my house, my tv is off or has a live event on. I hate just watching movies unless it's like a perfect rainy day. I checked out Mandalorian and loved it. I liked Person of Interest and Scrubs (tv shows). But man watching movies is a chore. It's so annoying.

Last movie I watched was Joker. Absolute masterful piece of acting, but it's nothing you throw on twice. :laugh: Depressing as hell. I haven't seen any avengers movies.

@Ginormousthumbs, I can confirm that @ColePens has a decades old aversion to televised entertainment.

Once upon a time, before his discovery of Gucci and all other things fashion, there was a little ColePens. Youngest of three brothers, his only interest was in playing hockey. But, his older brothers had other ideas. Legend has it that they got their kicks out of torturing him. As Mama and Papa ColePens outlawed actual Chinese water torture, his enterprising brothers took to routinely tying ColePens down and forcing him to watch Jaws, sometimes multiple times in a row. They would laugh endlessly as little ColePens cried that all he wanted to do was go outside and play hockey.

Suffice it to say, this had quite the traumatic effect on him. Many hours of psychiatric care and tens of thousands of dollars spent of fashion have helped to alleviate some of the damage, but even today it is believed that ColePens is loathe to watch televised entertainment for fear that demonic forces will incapacitate him and turn the channel to Jaws on a permanent loop.

EDIT: I believe that @Scandale du Jour can confirm most of this. If @Honour Over Glory were sober when reading this, he might be able to do the same (but little green men from Mars joining the Penguins is more likely than HOG being sober during a Penguins pregame).

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm just here for the Anne Hathaway gifs and to grudgingly come to the conclusion that she is hot even by "yeah but all actresses are hot" standards.

Reactions: KIRK

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
@Ginormousthumbs, I can confirm that @ColePens has a decades old aversion to televised entertainment.

Once upon a time, before his discovery of Gucci and all other things fashion, there was a little ColePens. Youngest of three brothers, his only interest was in playing hockey. But, his older brothers had other ideas. Legend has it that they got their kicks out of torturing him. As Mama and Papa ColePens outlawed actual Chinese water torture, his enterprising brothers took to routinely tying ColePens down and forcing him to watch Jaws, sometimes multiple times in a row. They would laugh endlessly as little ColePens cried that all he wanted to do was go outside and play hockey.

Suffice it to say, this had quite the traumatic effect on him. Many hours of psychiatric care and tens of thousands of dollars spent of fashion have helped to alleviate some of the damage, but even today it is believed that ColePens is loathe to watch televised entertainment for fear that demonic forces will incapacitate him and turn the channel to Jaws on a permanent loop.

EDIT: I believe that @Scandale du Jour can confirm most of this. If @Honour Over Glory were sober when reading this, he might be able to do the same (but little green men from Mars joining the Penguins is more likely than HOG being sober during a Penguins pregame).

He likes Star Wars though. And the Nolan Batman movies.

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't think she's very photogenic. She looks better in film/when she's moving rather than a still frame. Some pictures make her look like a cartoon bird.

*Ducks and exits thread*

There's also an element of "beautiful vs. hot" and how the venn-diagrams usually overlap but not always that I look forward to rehashing probably about 13 times in this thread.

Hope Garnet doesn't score lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going to miss most of this one...hope I’m not jinxing them...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't think she's very photogenic. She looks better in film/when she's moving rather than a still frame. Some pictures make her look like a cartoon bird.

*Ducks and exits thread*

We should have a board fashion show where Anne Hathaway rates everyone.

I wouldn’t even bother showing up because Ogre would kill it.

Reactions: Sideline
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad