GDT: Oh Look, You Again. YAWN! - Craps @ 19:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Our lineup is going to look like crap tonight without Zucker. Doc, Sceviour, Lafferty and Jank will all play, I assume?

VastFoolishDrongo-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Our lineup is going to look like crap tonight without Zucker. Doc, Sceviour, Lafferty and Jank will all play, I assume?

VastFoolishDrongo-max-1mb.gif

So if we win will you be less negative :laugh:

We can call next month:

@Pens x March to Positivity: The mentality not the blood test

Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think we go
Jake-Sid-Kap
McCann-Geno-Rust
BART
Lafferty-Jank-Sceviour
Petts-Ceci
Matheson-Marino
Ruhwedel-Friedman
Um, no.

Letang and Joseph will be in the lineup. So will Drew O'Connor. McCann isn't ready yet.

Guarantee you the lineup will be:
Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Aston-Reese-Malkin-Rust
Lafferty-Blueger-Tanev
O'Connor-Jankowski-Sceviour

Joseph-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Ceci

Maybe Petts and Joseph flip. Maybe. But that's it.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I really hope ( and I think he will) Sully gives ZAR a shot on that LW. I actually was taken by ZAR's comments yesterday, I have never ever heard another player commenting on Geno's or Sid's game other than BS adulation....ZAR was talking about Geno's loops and how he can contribute and enhance Geno's and his game....I thought it was quite refreshing and almost cerebral...I really have good feeling about this one (on a cue Geno tears ACL MCL in the first period)

I did too. I read his comments in an article yesterday. I haven't liked ZAR, mainly because I've always felt he was overrated and an Adams-like coach's pet. I'm seeing a lot more from him this year.

Reactions: vodeni

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Connor Sheary and his 31 shooting percentage is now on their top line

Lol Sprong is still playing behind Sheary

Idk if it's just me being petty, but I take joy in watching Sprong be a crap depth player on other teams just like he was on the Penguins. Especially considering he's sitting in place of another former Penguin.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Idk if it's just me being petty, but I take joy in watching Sprong be a crap depth player on other teams just like he was on the Penguins. Especially considering he's sitting in place of another former Penguin.

He’s got the talent for the NHL just not the mentality for it.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Can never get tired of beating the Caps! That's groundhog day heaven for Pens fans.

I do think this play only your own division crap is not a fair system. You have our division with 5 teams that finished in the top 11 teams last year and then you have the Canada division that the best team finished 12th. So when you have a division without one team in the top 10 last year and another with almost 5 what does those records really mean when only playing each other? What's the Leafs record look like playing against the East all year? Not what it will look like against that sorry group of teams.

So someone from the Canada division gets an automatic spot to the semis when teams like the Leafs and Oilers usually can't get past the 1st round.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

It gives me joy also because of how many wanted Sullivan's head for not playing him more. Obviously he was right on that one and the Pens made a steal of a trade getting Pettersson for him. We give you a fringe 13th forward and you give us a top 4 defensman! All take trades like that all day. Doesn't beat Marino for a 6th but pretty close because I don't know if I would give a 6th for Sprong.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens laid an egg after beating them at home. Need to be building momentum here and win games while the opposition is not quite up to their game. McCann probably back next game and I guess he is the guy for zucker to start.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That looked as good as Zucker - Malkin - Rust in their brief time.

Not saying much..

I agree.

If they have a good game, Sullivan won't touch it.

He'll just slide McCann with Teddy and Tanev.

If they crap out the joint, then yeah I see McCann-Malkin-Rust next game against the Isles (the team against whom that line actually was good last year, FWIW).

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I agree.

If they have a good game, Sullivan won't touch it.

He'll just slide McCann with Teddy and Tanev.

If they crap out the joint, then yeah I see McCann-Malkin-Rust next game against the Isles (the team against whom that line actually was good last year, FWIW).

We never saw ZAR - Malkin - Rust before right? It was always ZAR - Malkin - Kessel. I could see it working out for a spell if ZAR plays the game the right way.

Him not looking like he is stuck in mud every time he skates is certainly helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad