Offseason Thread XX: Hockey Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Maybe I'm insane, but it really does look to me like the Jets could use one winger as an upgrade in their top-9. Everyone says otherwise, but I don't know.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Maybe I'm insane, but it really does look to me like the Jets could use one winger as an upgrade in their top-9. Everyone says otherwise, but I don't know.

Yeah, somehow I see Zucc as an upgrade on Stafford. But, that's just me.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I've been saying that the entire summer people saying they don't need wingers? By numbers they don't but by talent? I see a ton of holes in their top 9

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Imo if the Rangers called and offered Skjei and a 2nd Winnipeg would have taken it. Let's not forget Skjei is immune from expansion too which Winnipeg needs desperately.

Could just be we aren't willing to make that offer. I'm not sure but to me it's a fair deal two teams making a trade out of strength and for position need

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I know Dano's supposed to be a good prospect, but I have a hard time with the idea of being a player's 4th team before they're 22.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
So by that last statement it would appear that you are less high on our players and prospects than some others.

See, the way I see it, there's a ton of undervaluing of our own players be that Nash to any number of players.

I view Miller as a legit 2nd liner that plays a stiff game. I see Skjei as a less offensive McDonagh.

Those are very valuable assets that are controllable for the next few years.

That in and of itself carries added value to any transaction.

Is it safe to say that skjei is less physical than McDonaugh?

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Skjei Mcilrath plus is what they would start at.. They love the Undertaker and have tried in the past to trade for him.. They want a lot for him and Told the price is really high right now

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Between paying what it'll cost to acquire him and then giving him the big contract, I'd rather just make a move for a different defenseman.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What's going on with the Yotes and Tobias Rieder? I know we're flushed with wing depth, but I really like his game and think there's some more potential there to be unlocked.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Skjei Mcilrath plus is what they would start at.. They love the Undertaker and have tried in the past to trade for him.. They want a lot for him and Told the price is really high right now

Thats insane. I would never pay the price of an entire middle to top d pairing for one top 4 d man

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I would be fine with skjei, mci, and a small plus.

I really think adding Trouba makes this team a real contender.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Imo if the Rangers called and offered Skjei and a 2nd Winnipeg would have taken it. Let's not forget Skjei is immune from expansion too which Winnipeg needs desperately.

Could just be we aren't willing to make that offer. I'm not sure but to me it's a fair deal two teams making a trade out of strength and for position need

As do the Rangers
arguably even more so cause we have those NMCs

I would be fine with skjei, mci, and a small plus.
I really think adding Trouba makes this team a real contender.

Please, please do not fall into the trap of thinking moving our core prospects to the point of depletion will help with the long term solution.

We must move a vet, and the only one that fits what /Wini wants is McD.

We must build, then we can not only compete but dominate.
But we can't move core young pieces

Miller +++ as a core piece for Hanifin + as a core piece is an exception since Hanny is ELC and exp exempt

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Thats insane. I would never pay the price of an entire middle to top d pairing for one top 4 d man

Trouba is better now than either McI and Skjei will ever be and he's younger or just as young as both

It's a no brainer kno

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Trouba is better now than either McI and Skjei will ever be and he's younger or just as young as both

It's a no brainer kno

The most I would do is skjei and a small add for trouba. The add would have to be a forward

Otherwise mcd for trouba +, and that plus should be decent.

Also this would assume one of Girardi or staal sore gone before expansion. Also, whichever one is left needs to waive their nmc

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
problem is the number of defenseman they need to protect.

they need to move staal/girardi if they are bringing in another protection required defenseman.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We are not getting Trouba. We'd need to move Staal or Girardi first, and even then it would mean losing Mcilrath to Vegas. Unless we move both Girardi and Staal, patience is a virtue. There will be more Trouba types in the future, there always are.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
We are not getting Trouba. We'd need to move Staal or Girardi first, and even then it would mean losing Mcilrath to Vegas. Unless we move both Girardi and Staal, patience is a virtue. There will be more Trouba types in the future, there always are.

Who, exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad