Offseason Thread XX: Hockey Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope sport journalist don`t quote from the forum here, because I mentioned Zuccarello on the Jets forum, and some of the Jets fan is curious what NY can offer.
It`s not a source from any org. - it`s merely speculation that some fans want a player moved for some other pieces like RD in New York.
If Jets wants a top 4 D in return - I doubt the Ranger org. will ship another captain within a 2 years period - not that Ryan Mc. has performed at his potential, but that is another topic.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I hope sport journalist don`t quote from the forum here, because I mentioned Zuccarello on Jets forum, and some of the Jets fan is curious what NY can offer.
It`s not a source from any org. - it`s merely speculation that some fans want a player moved for some other pieces like RD in New York.
If Jets wants a top 4 D in return - I doubt the Ranger org. will ship another captain within 2 years period - not that Ryan Mc. has performed at his potential, but that is another topic.

The media often take shortcuts. I have seen the media repeat things they obviously read on hockey forums more times than I can count in the last 8 years.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Publically the Jets are saying they want equal value return in a left handed D of the same age.

That's probably not going to happen.

Realistically they can likely get a prospect or young left D with a good upside and a sweetener

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Damn. I keep forgetting this. Sorry :laugh:

I forgot the :sarcasm: Haha.

You never know what is true with the media but reportedly Stepan was in trade talks earlier this offseason. Would trading a guy before a NTC kicks in be any worse than trading a guy that took sweetheart deals to stay with their team?

There is a massive difference between trading Stepan before his NTC kicks in because the right deal is on the table and trading Stepan simply because he has an NTC/NMC kicking in soon(which is what Bern is referring to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille