Offseason Thread XX: Hockey Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Trouba would be one of the few targets I would be ok with dealing Kreider/Miller/Hayes for.

But I would prefer to add Honka/Theodore/Montour. If Nash performs, those teams are contending, and the prospects are not NHL fixtures I don't think it's impossible at the deadline. Lot of if's.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gorton needs To be aggressive here we have assets this can't get away from him. Exact player we need

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We don't have the LHD that Winnipeg wants for Trouba. I think he goes to Arizona or Edmonton.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Did I read correctly that Trouba wants 7 mill a year for 8 years? If we trade for him is he worth that salary?

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Three team deals are extremely unlikely, but what about something like:

ANA: JT Miller
NYR: Trouba
WIN: Fowler and McIlrath

Think this is a pretty fair trade all around. Anaheim needs forward help and has a plethora of D. Winnipeg gets a LHD plus McIlrath who is from there. Value-wise, it may actually be the worst for us, but we have too many wingers right now and can afford to trade one. We get a young, right-handed PMD, which is probably our biggest need. Would give us a top 6 of:

McDonagh-Klein
Staal-Trouba
Skeji-Girardi

Could also put McDonagh with Trouba

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Three team deals are extremely unlikely, but what about something like:

ANA: JT Miller
NYR: Trouba
WIN: Fowler and McIlrath

Think this is a pretty fair trade all around. Anaheim needs forward help and has a plethora of D. Winnipeg gets a LHD plus McIlrath who is from there. Value-wise, it may actually be the worst for us, but we have too many wingers right now and can afford to trade one. We get a young, right-handed PMD, which is probably our biggest need. Would give us a top 6 of:

McDonagh-Klein
Staal-Trouba
Skeji-Girardi

Could also put McDonagh with Trouba

I kinda like this. Don't think it's going to happen, but this is pretty sensible all around. I think I'd want a pick back, too, though - like a 3rd or 4th.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Trouba is a target I think you have to be in the market for. However, given their depth and their reported needs, I think he would cost a minimum of Skjei, one of our young forwards, and a top pick. That's for a defenseman who (though only 22) hasn't scored 30 points in a season yet. That's still great, but he might not develop into a premier first pairing defenseman, maybe just a second pairing defenseman. Erik Johnson had better production his first few years and now at 28 he's a second pairing defenseman. Would you trade Skjei, Miller and a 1st for a 22 year old Johnson? I wouldn't. Skjei might be a great second pair defenseman, and Miller provides a lot. That, and we could possibly draft a Trouba with a 1st round pick.

I think we probably pass on Trouba if the price is whats been reported. We don't have great enough defensive depth. If we could frame it around Staal and Nash, different story.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Trouba is a target I think you have to be in the market for. However, given their depth and their reported needs, I think he would cost a minimum of Skjei, one of our young forwards, and a top pick. That's for a defenseman who (though only 22) hasn't scored 30 points in a season yet. That's still great, but he might not develop into a premier first pairing defenseman, maybe just a second pairing defenseman. Erik Johnson had better production his first few years and now at 28 he's a second pairing defenseman. Would you trade Skjei, Miller and a 1st for a 22 year old Johnson? I wouldn't. Skjei might be a great second pair defenseman, and Miller provides a lot. That, and we could possibly draft a Trouba with a 1st round pick.

I think we probably pass on Trouba if the price is whats been reported. We don't have great enough defensive depth. If we could frame it around Staal and Nash, different story.

Lets say they would do Trouba for a 3rd round pick. Then what? I read he reportedly wants a 8 year/56 mill contract.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I still get a chuckle out of Dan Boyle putting Brooksie on blast and partially for his teammates as well. Never was a fan of that signing and never was a huge fan of Dan Boyle but that was his NYR career highlight for me.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Trouba want a trade and he is invited to the training camp without a contract.
It`s obvious to me that Trouba want a playoff team like Rangers and on the right side to get a proper development on his strongest side, but why do we need to use assets to get him?
It make no sense to me - they should have lost rights for the player in my opinion since they couldnt figure out a deal for him in time.
In soccer that is free transfer which happens indeed.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Miller is the guy that makes sense. The Rangers have a ton of forwards. Miller and Trouba both played on Team North America. About the same age.

I'd hate to give up Miller but you have to give to get.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I still get a chuckle out of Dan Boyle putting Brooksie on blast and partially for his teammates as well. Never was a fan of that signing and never was a huge fan of Dan Boyle but that was his NYR career highlight for me.

Mine is him punching Clutterbuck

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Boyle's Rangers highlight is his goal in Game 6 against Washington in the 2014-15 playoffs. The Rangers won that game 4-3. The Rangers don't get to Game 7 and complete the comeback without that goal.

*****ing out Brooksie is a close second.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Boyle's Rangers highlight is his goal in Game 6 against Washington in the 2014-15 playoffs. The Rangers won that game 4-3. The Rangers don't get to Game 7 and complete the comeback without that goal.

*****ing out Brooksie is a close second.

Weren't we up by at least 1 when that goal was scored? The excitement isn't the same when we blow a 4-1 lead.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Weren't we up by at least 1 when that goal was scored? The excitement isn't the same when we blow a 4-1 lead.

Yeah, he scored the goal to make it 4-1, but who knows what would've happened had he not.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Trouba want a trade and he is invited to the training camp without a contract.
It`s obvious to me that Trouba want a playoff team like Rangers and on the right side to get a proper development on his strongest side, but why do we need to use assets to get him?
It make no sense to me - they should have lost rights for the player in my opinion since they couldnt figure out a deal for him in time.
In soccer that is free transfer which happens indeed.

Technically that can be the case, he just has to hold out for 4 more years until his NHL rights with the Jets expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad