Speculation: Offseason Thread: Officially Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This is really my only gripe at this point. If Girardi requires protection in the expansion draft, then he needs to be bought out.

What I haven't figured out is whether or teams will be able to buy out players on June 15, 2017. I don't mind keeping Girardi for one more year and then attempting to trade him at the deadline if a contender is interested in him (Rangers may not be at all next season)

Of course we'll be able to buy him out on June 15th, 2017. That's the yearly buyout window. What we won't be able to do is buy him out without incurring cap penalties. There will be no compliance buyouts.

You guys also forget that the Rangers will almost certainly have another buyout window after arbitration. Kreider, Hayes and Miller are all up for arbitration. If at least 2 of them elect arbitration, whether they get to an actual hearing or not, we will have another opportunity to buy out Girardi if we really need to.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If this is true, Staal should be on their radar

On Edmonton's radar? Doubtful. Bogosian is right-handed, and the pool of available top-4 RHD basically got cut in half yesterday. So now pundits are going to start rumoring every RHD to Edmonton because the 4th overall for Barrie or Trouba fantasy got squashed.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What about trying to find a way to bring in a player like Ville Pokka from the Hawks? RD, 45 points last year in the AHL. 22 years old.

Seems like Bowman and Quenville really like Rundblad and have blocked him from the NHL. Maybe the Rangers give him a shot ad trade a lower line forward on an ELC? Klingberg? Jensen?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
On Edmonton's radar? Doubtful. Bogosian is right-handed, and the pool of available top-4 RHD basically got cut in half yesterday. So now pundits are going to start rumoring every RHD to Edmonton because the 4th overall for Barrie or Trouba fantasy got squashed.

Klein?

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
What about trying to find a way to bring in a player like Ville Pokka from the Hawks? RD, 45 points last year in the AHL. 22 years old.

Seems like Bowman and Quenville really like Rundblad and have blocked him from the NHL. Maybe the Rangers give him a shot ad trade a lower line forward on an ELC? Klingberg? Jensen?

perhaps he could be part of a package for Klein?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Depending on what direction our team wants to go, Klein to Edmonton seems like a good move for both teams

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I'm sure they'd be interested. Just not sure if we can get the right return from them that'd get me interested. Their 2nd is a start, but I'd want a good prospect on top of that.

On a related note, I'm continually baffled by how a team who has been so bad for so long can have such a ****** prospect pool. Jesus.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Klein for Edm 2nd and Ethan Bear.

Maybe that'll give Jeret Smith some incentive to sign since he'll have two of his Seattle buds in the system

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
No way they move Strome, Domi or Duclair. That's their future. Arizona needs help on defense outside of OEL. They have $$ and they will throw it at Goligoski. What a smart move for that franchise...

Yandle for NYR 1st '17 + Duclair + 2nd '16

Wait a year

Sign Goligoski for $$ to replace what Yandle brought.

Profit:

Goligsoki + Duclair + NYR 1st + NYR 2nd for Yandle

:amazed::amazed:

If they are not moving Staal to keep Yandle (lol), I would argue that the opportunity cost of not moving Yandle at the deadline this year should also be considered as part of the deal. Take your pick of metrics from about December - March and it was pretty clear.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

So a team in dire need of good young players on an ELC are going to trade a good young player on an ELC? Runblad blocking him? Runblad couldn't block a player going to his own net, but he's holding a spot over him?

I think they're more likely to trade Runblad.

Do people even consider what the other team needs before trading for a player? We'd have to give up quite a bit to get him IMO.

These are two teams that need more ELC on their roster, we don't match up in this kind of a trade.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd do that deal. Not sure the Oilers would though.

I won't lie, it's probably tilted towards us a bit, but I'm viewing that value as opposed to what Bogosian would cost them. Klein also has the better contract, and they can spend the extra $2M+ on good depth players to fill out their bottom-6.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I won't lie, it's probably tilted towards us a bit, but I'm viewing that value as opposed to what Bogosian would cost them. Klein also has the better contract, and they can spend the extra $2M+ on good depth players to fill out their bottom-6.

I'd wager that they'd counter with Yakupov instead of Bear.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
On mobile, but Garth Snow said the Expansion rules still aren't set, and GMs have only heard "potential guidelines." Jeeeeeze, what a mess.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'd wager that they'd counter with Yakupov instead of Bear.

To be honest, I have never been a Yakupov fan. However, if you can get him + a 2nd for Klein, I think its a great move. Maybe he can finally put it together here. Maybe not and he just ends up being a 3rd liner. It is worth the risk IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad