Speculation: Offseason Thread: Officially Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
"Maybe they feel like" were my words dude. I get it, you're not thrilled with what they "may" do, I'm just talking hypothetically. That's the whole point of this thread right? Again, check my posts outside of trading Stepan we agree on a lot of things regarding AV and what he did last year. And again, you don't get defenseman like McD for Gomez every year. Hell, that was a once in a lifetime deal.

Personally I think Stepan is a slow skater and sucks on the PP. That doesn't fit the NHL right now. Gorton, who has won a cup, may be trying to trade for a guy that's an improvement on that. We don't know anything right now, it's all hypothetical. Be open minded right now, none of us know anything.

Yeah sorry I don't mean for my posts to seem as if they're an attack against you because that's not my intention at all. I just don't want them to try to fix the issues this team has with a band-aid. There's deep-rooted issues with how they play the game, how they deploy their roster, and so on. I do agree we need to take a step back to help set ourselves up for the future, but they need to be smart about this whole process.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Yeah sorry I don't mean for my posts to seem as if they're an attack against you because that's not my intention at all. I just don't want them to try to fix the issues this team has with a band-aid. There's deep-rooted issues with how they play the game, how they deploy their roster, and so on. I do agree we need to take a step back to help set ourselves up for the future, but they need to be smart about this whole process.

All good I'm right there with you man. I think if you see a guy like Stepan or Nash traded, there's going to be multiple moves afterwards. It's gonna be a dominoes deal. I'm up for anything personally after what I saw this team come to last year.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
All good I'm right there with you man. I think if you see a guy like Stepan or Nash traded, there's going to be multiple moves afterwards. It's gonna be a dominoes deal. I'm up for anything personally after what I saw this team come to last year.

Judging by the blurb from Custance that RangerBoy posted, the belief around the league is that the Rangers will be moving people.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Judging by the blurb from Custance that RangerBoy posted, the belief around the league is that the Rangers will be moving people.

which IMO is based on nothing but speculation based on brooks' article about them listen to calls on just about everyone

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
"Rebuild" to me suggests trading just about anyone over 28. I very much doubt that the Rangers do that. At least not everyone over 28...yet.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
"Rebuild" to me suggests trading just about anyone over 28. I very much doubt that the Rangers do that. At least not everyone over 28...yet.

yeah. i expect moves to happen (hopefully the right ones) but there is a better chance of us coming back with the same exact lineup than blowing it up and doing a total rebuild

regardless of whether you think that is the right thing to do, and part of me thinks it is, there is a 0% chance of it actually happening

KreiderHouseRules*

Brace yourselves.
No matter who he ends up signing with, you know NYR will be rumored to be "in the mix" for Steven Stamkos until the very end.

I want Darren Helm signed, Nash traded for a RD (Barrie/Shatt/Vatanen), and Klein traded for Pouliot.

Reunite The PBZ line!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
whats wrong with it sweetie
Said "offseasom"

200_s.gif

KreiderHouseRules*

The 1st at 15th oa could be hit or miss. Rangers are probably looking for players who are closer to competing for jobs sooner rather than later.

No reason the Rangers can't seek the 15th to then parlay it into a top-10, maybe even top-4,5,6, or into a player like Barrie or Vatanen, who knows?

I agree that the NYR version of "getting younger" means NHL-ready first, and young, second.

The league is so close these days. The almighty champions of the almighty (and always boasted about) Western Conference lost to the Penguins too.

The league is so close. All it takes is the right combination of speed, skill, and determination (plus getting hot and being confident offensively in the playoffs for once would be nice too).

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
With the 15th pick you might be able to take McAvoy, and I think he's an incredible value pick at that spot. I'm usually not a fan of drafting a Rangers fan because I'm superstitious like that, but I think he's a gem. Excellent tool set and with one year at BU under his belt already, he's a pro in no more than 3 seasons. However, I think he'll go pro sooner rather than later.

Brodin, a good prospect, and McAvoy for one of our top centers? Sign me up yesterday.

Last edited:

KreiderHouseRules*

I can't wait to watch Zach Parise pass The Stanley Cup to Conn Smythe winner Derek Stepan in 2017.

Or Nash pulling a Kessel as the 3rd/4th fiddle somewhere.

Oh, to be a NY Rangers fan.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Might as well call up the Ducks now that Randy Carlye is in charge. He's an awful coach.

Maybe he needs some gritty defenders.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's not gonna happen but I would do a lot, a lot, to get a pick to take Jost or Keller. Two of my favorites in the entire draft.

I like Kunin a lot too but I think he may be a tad over drafted, not sure he will be a star. But potential to be a really good support player. Working the point on the PP at Wisconsin as a Freshman forward is impressive.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It's not gonna happen but I would do a lot, a lot, to get a pick to take Jost or Keller. Two of my favorites in the entire draft.

I like Kunin a lot too but I think he may be a tad over drafted, not sure he will be a star. But potential to be a really good support player. Working the point on the PP at Wisconsin as a Freshman forward is impressive.

I think the only option might be Brassard to Ottawa for the 12th+ and hope one of the two is still there.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think the only option might be Brassard to Ottawa for the 12th+ and hope one of the two is still there.

Jost won't be. He's a meteoric riser after the U18 tournament he had. He might go as high as 7 to Phoenix, even though I disagree with it and think Phoenix needs defense very badly.

Keller might be there at 12, though.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Didn't you hear? Stamkos, Backes and Erickson are going to take 1 year $1 million deals with the Rangers a la Selanne and Kariya to win the cup!

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Rick Bowness rejoining AV as an assistant coach according to Bucci's twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00